AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

how can i improve CTR in remarketing Campaign

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how can i improve CTR in remarketing Campaign

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sachin,

There are a number of ways of doing this.

You can have a look at your frequency, and cap that at an acceptable drop off level.
You can test messaging and ad copy.
You can create different remarketing lists and target each one with different, less generic offers.

The last is the most work, but will be more likely to have the best results. Learn more about rule based remarketing lists here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454064?hl=en

Hope this helps

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Sachin, following on from Clynton's good advice, I'd suggest the most common mistake in Remarketing is showing your Ads to the wrong people, for example, showing Ads to people who have already purchased your only product/service.

Take a look at the membership of your list(s) and the Ads you're showing them.  If CTR is low - in any AdWords situation - this indicates poor user engagement with the Ads so make sure you're showing the right Ads to the right people, with attractive incentives.

What are your aims for the Campaign - sales?  upsells?  repeat orders?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
thanks Clynton & Jon

Jon my client is related to education industry
CTR was pretty good but from last 3 days it has been fallen down substantially.

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hi Sachin,

Just to elaborate on the great advice from Clynton and Jon, I would just like to say that you need to create two lists to begin with, 1st will contain all your users who visited the website ( this will ensure you are targeting every user who visited your website irrespective of the source of their interaction with your brand), 2nd list will be all users who have converted for you, basically all users who have visited your 'thank you' page.

Once you have these 2 lists, negate the 'thank you' page users from the main list and you will have a more refined list of non converters who you can now remarket to.

Now, while remarketing to them, you need to use ad messaging that is different from the one who have used in your existing ads. Basically, use an ad messaging that has offers, USP's that the list of remarketing users have not seen yet, which entices them in to coming back to your page and convert for you.

Basically, to increase the CTR for your remarketing campaign, you need to make your audience set and remarketing ad messaging as relevant as possible. I have ran campaigns targeting the education sector and have seen this work for me.

In addition to this, once your Remarketing campaigns have ran for a good duration, you will also get a auto populated list of 'Similar Audiences' which is basically set of audiences who have similar browsing patterns and interests compared to your list of existing audiences who have shown interest in your service. You can use this list of audience to push you lead numbers and still record relevant leads.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"