how can i get estimated CPC as keyword plannar cpc estimation is way too high

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how can i get estimated CPC

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sachin S,

Welcome to the forum !

Once you add keywords in your adwords account the Adwords system will provide you two
types of CPC estimation.One is "Est. First Page Bid" - The minimum cpc bid that you have to set to show your ads on the first page & another one is "Est. top page bid" - The minimum bids that you have to set to show your ads on the top positions.You can use this two metrics to get an idea.

Another adwords feature that you can use is "Bid Simulator" - This allow you to estimate the clicks, costs, impressions, conversions, and conversion value your ads would have received if you had used a different max. CPC bid for your keyword or ad group. You can find it on the Ad groups and Keywords tabs.Go through the link for more info about bid simulators.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2470105?hl=en

Hope this help

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Sachin,

If you've added keywords to an ad group, you can add the columns 'Est. First Page bid' & 'Est. Top Page bid' to get an idea of how much you'll have to bid. More about these columns here.

Hope that helps,
Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Sachin,

In my experience, the estimated CPC's you get from Keyword Planner are actually lower than the ones you actually see in your accounts. Due to this factor, I have always put forth a higher and a rounded number in front of the client when it comes to giving budget estimates as it help me cover for any unpredictable spikes in spends when running the campaign.

As Shuva & Sumanth have mentioned here, you can only get the actual numbers for keyword CPC's when you run the keywords in a live account. If at the moment you cant do this, I suggest you consider a number higher than the one predicted by the Keyword planner when suggesting budgets or estimating CPC's.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Sachin,

I agree with everyone above... The keyword planner gives just a vague estimate of the CPCs which are sometimes lower or higher than the actual CPC you would see when you run the account...
The best way is to upload the keywords into your account and see the bids there. CPCs are affected by your Quality Score... so even the relevance of your ads and keywords also would make a difference here.
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
hi Shashank
that what i do
but still i get really confusing in suggesting budget
can you help me in this

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Sachin,

Could you help with what kind of keywords and what region you are advertising for?
What is the Keyword tool showing you for CPCs? and what is the approximate budget you want to spend for your account?
If I have a benchmark from any accounts I am handling.. I would be glad to help you with it.
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Shroffs,

Keywords are like 5 star hotels in delhi
Region PAN India
Approx Budget 10k per day

2nd Account

keywords apartment in gurgaon
Region PAN India
Approx Budget 15k per day

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi Sachin,
Both are highly competitive domains in India.. travel and real estate...
The bids for these are expected to be high. Just to give you a perspective, for a fewgeneric terms like 5 star hotels in delhi we have seen bids going as high as Rs. 250 ... even for <brand> hotel in Delhi... we have seens CPCs as high as Rs.180-200. Other keywords can also be cheaper at about Rs. 40-50. Try and build a balance of both type of keywords to maintain a reasonable CPC across the account. Also, For an account that focuses on account booking, instead of CPCs, I would focus on revenue.
And all of this is inspite of having good Quality Scores.

The markets are extremely competitive when you consider the other hotels(luxury,5star etc) and the OTAs like makemytrip, cleartrip etc...I would not be surprised if you see high CPCs.

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star
Hi Sachin,

I agree with Shweta on this. The estimates shes quoted seem alright. If you had mentioned beforehand that you are targeting the Travel & Tourism industry that too with Keywords like '5 Star Hotels', we could have had this figured out a lot sooner.

In any case, looking at the estimated CPC's I think you may not need a higher budget than what you currently have. By my estimates, a budget of approximately 5 - 8 K should be more than enough for daily spends.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"