AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

how are the results divided up in the 800 results?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

when using various keywords at a time in the keyword tool, how are the results divided up in the 800 results?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Franky g
September 2015

Re: how are the results divided up in the 800 results?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

The best way to help others with this question is to ask it separately.

I would recommend posting this as a new message, because "unanswered" messages have greater visibility.

The title could be "3 or more keywords in the KW planner, why less ideas ? "

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Franky G ! Welcome to the Community 

I am going to assume that you are refering to the Keyword Planner and you have a keyword with 800 keyword suggestions. They are divided 30 per page and you must click in an empty space outside the table and use the "keyword down arrow" to scroll to the last one on the page.

divided-30-per-page.png

Does this answer your question ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello and thank you for your time. But what i am trying to ask is this. If i type three keywords into the keyword box and then click get ideas. When i get the 800 ideas/results how are those results divided between the three keywords?

For example if each keyword would give 800 results on their own, when all three are used together how are the results displayed in the 800 results given by Google. Thank you

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I made a test in attempt to answer to your question. When I've put 3 keywords separately they each received 801 ideas, when they were combined like :   key1, key2, key3

the result was 387 ideas.

For the "how are those results divided between the three keywords?" I think it is their own algorithm which decides the results, it is not explained. If you do not want to combine the keywords, you can add them separately so that each of them gives you the most ideas in the list.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Adrian thanks for the answer. That confirmed what i was thinking as well. That was my second thing, does anybody know why that happens you get a lower amount of ideas when you use more than one keyword? Any idea Adrian?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Franky g
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

The best way to help others with this question is to ask it separately.

I would recommend posting this as a new message, because "unanswered" messages have greater visibility.

The title could be "3 or more keywords in the KW planner, why less ideas ? "

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
Just to jump in:
When you have more than one search term, we look for keyword ideas that are related to all the search terms. So it's more of an intersection than a union. That's why you might see fewer results.