AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

1.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

help

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is this a good place to start a new dogs and friends sitters that go places .business. i am new to the computer world and am wanting to get out and herd of all help is greatly appreciated i can be emailed at XXXX@gmail.com cuz ill probably not knw of replys here thanks for helping me I'm a fast learner

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: help

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Darlene,
Welcome to the AdWords Community! If you're just starting to advertise your business, online advertising, specifically Google AdWords is an ideal way to reach your target consumers during their moment of relevance. Via AdWords, you pick your target market, such as the cities where you do business; select Keywords, such as dog sitters; write Ad Copy (messaging to be shown when someone searches for your Keywords; and select what the maximum amount you're willing to pay per click.

Of course you want to have a website first to send traffic to. I suggest taking some time to read the links below:
AdWords for Beginners - static.googleusercontent.com/media/www.google.com/en/us/adwords/pdf/hc/growing_adwords_en.pdf
AdWords Step by Step - www.google.com/adwords/pdf/step_by_step.pdf
Landing Page Experience - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404197?hl=en

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Darlene,
Welcome to the AdWords Community! If you're just starting to advertise your business, online advertising, specifically Google AdWords is an ideal way to reach your target consumers during their moment of relevance. Via AdWords, you pick your target market, such as the cities where you do business; select Keywords, such as dog sitters; write Ad Copy (messaging to be shown when someone searches for your Keywords; and select what the maximum amount you're willing to pay per click.

Of course you want to have a website first to send traffic to. I suggest taking some time to read the links below:
AdWords for Beginners - static.googleusercontent.com/media/www.google.com/en/us/adwords/pdf/hc/growing_adwords_en.pdf
AdWords Step by Step - www.google.com/adwords/pdf/step_by_step.pdf
Landing Page Experience - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404197?hl=en

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Once you have your business set up and are ready to start, I would also recommend that you think about advertising with AdWords Express, instead of the larger AdWords program. AdWords Express is designed for local businesses and may be a simpler solution for you.

You can learn about the program in the AdWords Express Help center.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Darlene,

Vkore91 and Theresa offered excellent suggestions for your AdWords question.

In order to protect your personal privacy, we advise you to remove any contact info (Ex: websites, emails or phone numbers) from the post. You can remove it by using the Edit Message button in the upper right corner of the text box. If your contact info has not been removed by you, a Community Manager may remove it within a day of the posted date.

This thread may be edited by a Community Manager as per the Community Posting Guidelines.