AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

4.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

help needed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi y'all.
am new to adword and,movin along.
i need to know how i'd know if my ad is running. after creating the campaign,ad group and ads,nothing seemed to be new. i used the diagnotic tool. entered a keyword...what i got was' no! the keyword or phrase you entered didn't trigger your ad. please,i need urgent help.
if any1 here wud mind checking on it,i can drop my details.
thnks in advance
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: help needed

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Zubby,

What is the current status of your keywords and ads?

Are your ads approved, eligible or under review?

When did you actually update the payment details in your account?

If you go to the Billing Tab, does it show the updated payment method or not?

There are slight chances that your account would have gone into the regular review process and once Google approves it, your ads will start showing ASAP.

My advice would be to either wait for this weekend to complete and if still your ads aren'y running and you have billing all set, you can contact Adwords support for more account insights.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Zubby,

The best way to know if your ad is running is by:

1. Logging to the AW interface 
  2. Clicking on the "Campaigns" tab
  3. Choosing "Today" in the time bar on the right top side.
  4. Checking if the campaign had any impression in the "Impr" column.

Other options:

Why can't I see my ad? - Troubleshooter

How can I find out whether my ads are showing?

Preview your ad on Google search results

Good Luck,

Asaf

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

hi zubby,

may be ur ads or keywords are under review process by adwords, once they approves then u can see your ads live. go to the keyword tab of the respective campaign, u will find the status column next to the keyword column, hover over the speech bubble icon, adwords will let you know the status of that keyword with detail info.

hope that helps!

Shazen 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Zubby,

What is the current status of your keywords and ads?

Are your ads approved, eligible or under review?

When did you actually update the payment details in your account?

If you go to the Billing Tab, does it show the updated payment method or not?

There are slight chances that your account would have gone into the regular review process and once Google approves it, your ads will start showing ASAP.

My advice would be to either wait for this weekend to complete and if still your ads aren'y running and you have billing all set, you can contact Adwords support for more account insights.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i have about five(5) ad groups and the ads within says; 'approved' in the status. but,the keywords say 'eligible.' what does this imply???

And,how do i get my keywords approved? since it appears to be the obstacle to my ads not showing or going live

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again,

Eligible means that the keyword is eiligible to trigger an ad.

How about your ads? What is the status, approved?

Did you check the Billing Tab? Does it reflect some sort of info or not?

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
please,lemme give you my login so you can help me check on it/set it up. am a newbie. by the way,am using a $100 voucher

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hello Zubby,

I think that you have not included the Billing information on top of $100 voucher. Kindly include this so that your ads start serving. Please don't worry, you won't be charged until your voucher is fully redeemed. See this article for more details.

And kindly refrain yourself from entering any personal identification info here on public forum. It is strictly prohibited.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i had my acc as manual payment. don't think it d problem. adword dnt ask me anytin bout payment after i selected manual payment and inputed my details.
by the way,i was gonna pm u d acc details not posting it here. i really need dis to work

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi Zubby
I'm new as well but
Is it a display campaign or a search campaign
as in theory if your ads are approved and eligable as you say they are, you should see impressions within 3 hours so say google (unless you are not bidding enough and if you wasn't i think on the home page it would say "keywords below first page bid (xx)."

But I had the same exact problem on a DIsplay campaign and was wasting my time trying to find out what was wrong when some time after 24 hours after I strated the campaign suddenly appeared all the impressions and clicks for the previous day

so it looks like for Display network at least you won't see anything for at least 24 hours

pity googles help pages doesn't mention this

Ian