Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

help me understand QS , Price bid and more

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

i am still learning adword and i there is some things that i just dont understand..

i have a campaign about Lose fat (diet)  in 2 adgroup with 14+- keywords each.

when i added the keywords i had like 6-10 QS but after 2 days its went down to 4 QS (everything is average if i click on the speech bubble) Smiley Sad

my CTR was around 1.5% but in the last 2 days i manage to make it 3-4.5% CTR but all the clicks are only from 2 keywords... i dont know why.

my questions are:

1) why my QS dont go up at all?

2)is 4%+- CTR is good?

3)what is your average cpc for diet in good traffic like US UK? (because now i pay like 0.30$ for a "bad" countries like india,pakistan...)

4)should i always set the bid for what google tells me in "First page bid estimate"? or its not true?

Thanks!

Re: help me understand QS , Price bid and more

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Ori,

Here is a great infoinfographic.jpggraphic on Quality Score:

PPCSophie

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

1. Now that you have the infographic on QS, then maybe you will be able to understand it better.  But there is no telling why it wont go up, its a combination of a multiple of things but I always say that a good SEO optimized helps ALOT with QS.  Also a clearly defned ad groups & campaigns as well.

2. Yes a 4% is Good but its not awesome.  Experiment with different ad copy, see what your competitors are saying in their ads and even try some dynamic keyword insertion.

3. You would have to use the the "Traffic estimator" tool in the Adwords interface to determine that for yourself.  If you go to the top navigation bar (the dark green on) you will see Tools and Analysis, from that drop down menu you will the "Traffic Estimator" & "Keyword Tool" both those tools will give you an estimate of traffic.

4.  You can set your bid for that if you like BUT the 1st position is not always the best one.  Ive seen more conversion being in the 4th position compared to  1st BUT with that said you have to do the testing within your campaign to find that out for yourself.  Here is a great post by PPCHero about finding that "sweet spot". http://www.ppchero.com/find-your-ppc-accounts-optimal-ad-position-with-pivot-tables/

Hope this helps.

PPCSophie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi and thanks for your quick reply
i have 1 more question...
how much time its takes to your QS go Up after you did some changes? its in the same day?

Thanks

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Every time someone does a search that triggers your ad, google calculates a Quality Score.

When you say, you had QS of 6-10 in beginning, the google might have calculated based on your account history and later on as campaign started running your QS changed.

How did you manage to get 4% CTR (considered a good CTR), did you add attractive enough keywords to click the ad and those clicks are not converting?

Is there any change in conversion rate? If its dropped then keywords and ad relevancy alongwith the landing page experience need to be checked.

See below help on QS calculation from google-

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454010?hl=en

How we calculate Quality Score

To calculate this Quality Score, we look at a number of different things related to your account. By improving the following factors you can help improve your Quality Score:

• Your keyword's past clickthrough rate (CTR): How often that keyword led to clicks on your ad
  • Your display URL's past CTR: How often you received clicks with your display URL
  • Your account history: The overall CTR of all the ads and keywords in your account
  • The quality of your landing page: How relevant, transparent, and easy-to-navigate your page is
  • Your keyword/ad relevance: How relevant your keyword is to your ads
  • Your keyword/search relevance: How relevant your keyword is to what a customer searches for
  • Geographic performance: How successful your account has been in the regions you're targeting
  • Your ad's performance on a site: How well your ad's been doing on this and similar sites (if you're targeting the Display Network)
  • Your targeted devices: How well your ads have been performing on different types of devices, like desktops/laptops, mobile devices, and tablets – you get different Quality Scores for different types of devices

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Ori,

I think you should analyze your quality score on a weekly basis and track it with the changes you've made trying to improve your QS.  I dont really know how long it takes but if you have a good CTR & ad copy & landing pages then you should be great.

Hope this helps!

PPCSophie