AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

has google moved away from the stacked 35/35 body copy style in favor of a single-line 70-character

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to figure out if this is a new and permanent change.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: has google moved away from the stacked 35/35 body copy style in favor of a single-line 70-charac

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Gloria,

Since Google has retired the right side ads the only ad slots are at the top of the SERP and at the bottom. Hence, given the space available at both these ad slots, there is no need for the 35/35 stack anymore.

Re: has google moved away from the stacked 35/35 body copy style in favor of a single-line 70-charac

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Gloria,

With Google no longer showing ads on the right hand side anymore, the ad text usually shows with all 70 characters in a single line. However when I'm creating/editing ads it still shows as the 35/35 stacked format, and I'd imagine that this is for helping create that "mega-headline". I think the ad format is going to be a permanent change, but Google will keep the stacked 35/35 in the editing process to separate sentences/thoughts/ideas.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi there;
There are rumors and speculations about that in leading industry blogs,
For now, No comment, on the subject, from Google, .
We'll have to wait and see.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Gloria,

Google is currently testing this. Its a closed door Beta test available to only a select few advertisers. Google invites their top advertisers to test these ads. For now its not opened or is an option on Adwords explicitly.

Cheers,
Chetan