Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

hallo i need your help guys .. iahve a few questions

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

i.. i want few tips and help from you all the experts Smiley Happy

1)im making search campaign for financial markets .. and im thinking to make few ad group to this campaign with different match types of keywords .. my question is ist ok to make 1 campaign with 3 ad group with different types

or for each match type to make a campaign because of the budget .. ?

2)the same in display network .. if i have campaign and 3 ad groups .. each ad group is different targeting .. 1-topics 2-in-market 3-placements  .. its ok to make it like this or also to separate those campaign ?

3)how to part my budget ? if i have search network and 3 ad groups .. or if i have display newtwork with 3 ad groups .. i want recommendations about  part my budget .. (strategies) .

thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: hallo i need your help guys .. iahve a few questions

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Maya, how are things?

maya p wrote: 

1)im making search campaign for financial markets .. and im thinking to make few ad group to this campaign with different match types of keywords .. my question is ist ok to make 1 campaign with 3 ad group with different types

or for each match type to make a campaign because of the budget .. ?

Short answer for your question: Yes, it's ok to make 1 campaign with 3 ad groups, one for each match type.

But one thing that I think is worth saying is this: Some people out there says that creating individual Ad Groups for Each Match Type will increase things like your Quality Score. That is not true. You only need to create different groups for each match type if you plan to have different bidding strategy for each match type, and that's it. It's all about to make your bidding control easier to manage. So if you don't need or don't plan to have different bidding strategy for each match type, you can have all of them at the same ad group, it will not interfere with your Quality Score.

Definitely do not create different campaigns for each match type.

maya p wrote:

2)the same in display network .. if i have campaign and 3 ad groups .. each ad group is different targeting .. 1-topics 2-in-market 3-placements  .. its ok to make it like this or also to separate those campaign ? 

Yes, for Display you should definitely create individual Ad Groups for each type of segmentation you're using. That's because uf you add two kinds of segment to the same Group, let's say: keywords + placements, your ads will only run when the context of keywords match some page inside those placements. So this creates a very restricted campaign, and unless this is your intention, you should go with one ad group for each segmentation.

Remember that for Display, different types of segmentation have different demand, so in that case, in a matter of controlling your budget, you can consider creating separate campaigns for each segmentation.

maya p wrote:

3)how to part my budget ? if i have search network and 3 ad groups .. or if i have display newtwork with 3 ad groups .. i want recommendations about  part my budget .. (strategies) .

You have to think on your own strategy and the amount of budget that you have for that. 

Let's think on generic keywords and long-tail keywords. The keyword "car" have so many more demand than a keyword like "buy honda civic 2016 blue", right? So if you have those keywords under the campaign, what's probably going to happen, is that the keyword "card" will be responsible for almost to total spend on that campaign, which will cause the long-tail keyword "buy honda civic 2016 blue" not to show ads, because you don't have any more money on that campaign.

In that case, will divide your one campaign into two campaigns. The first campaign will have adgroups e generic keywords, such as "car" which will have high amount of traffic and consumption. The second campaign will have the long-tail keywords, where they'll have it's own and separate daily budget (since they are on different campaign), and you can have more control over it.

Another example is thinking on geographic location. If you have 1 campaign targeting 2 cities, where City A consumes 80% of of your budget, it make sense to create different campaigns to target cities A and B individually, so you can control separate budget for each one.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
this i can make in the future .. my goal now is to test what working what bring me conversions ..
and then i will separate campaign with different countries and different targeting .
first i wanna see witch match type work for me .. or witch country bring me the must conevrsions .. the same in the display .. i wanna see witch target good for me and brings me leads ..

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hey Maya,

From what you've said, It's seems that this is more to keep track of your results?

You don't have to create separate Campaigns or Ad Groups just to keep track of conversions. Account structure does matter for those reasons we saw earlier, but to check which match type or country brings you more conversions, first you need to use something to measure those conversions inside Adwords for you.

There's a feature called Conversion Tracking on Adwords that will show you exactly what Keyword/campaign/group/ad/etc that generated that conversion for you. If you don't use yet, this is your first step:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6095821

As I mentioned, you don't need to create new campaign/group just to know what's is generating the conversions. That's something that the Conversion Tracking will do it for you. From there, you just need to analyse your data either on Adwords or download to Excel or whatever, and take some conclusions of it Smiley Happy

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
offcourse i know that the conevrsion tracking doing this .. but my point here was to test .. what works then adjust my bidding and make optemizations ..
my point was is to make sure if the Arrange of the campaigns and ad groups is correct .

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Ow, I like your thinking: Test is one of the most important things for me Smiley Happy

Short and personal answers:

1. You can create 1 campaign with 3 ad groups, one for each match types.
1.1 I do not recommend creating 1 campaign for each Match type

2. I'd go with 1 campaign and one ad group for EACH segmentation type you've selected

3. Try to follow the investment on Search and Display that you already do. This will give some base. If you create new campaign, just split the investment.

I think we've covered the details on the first post. Let me know if you have any doubts about it.