AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

google ip range

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi

i've made a webshop, included adwords and analytics.

Now the client wanted an ip-geo-locator so that only ip-adresses from DE/AT can access the store, all others are redirected to the brand site.

I explicitly said that an ip-geo-locator including a redirec is NOT a good idea, but the client insisted on it.

the problem ist now that the adwords and analytics server can not access the site because of the ip-geo-locator.

my question now is, is there any ip-rage for the google servers to exclude them from the redirection?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: google ip range

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

I am afraid but I am not quite sure what you are tryng to accomplish here. As far as the landing page is concerned, the fact remains that it should work properly for all the locations irrespective of the fact where actually you are targeting the ad. See this Destination URL policy for details.

Additionally, as far as the best practices are concerned, Adwords system should be able to access your landing page, otherwise you might end with a decline in Quality Score due to lack of information while calculating this metric. Kindly read this article for more insights.

Hope this helps somewhere!

Pankaj

Re: google ip range

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your answer.

The Destination URL or the integration of the Adwords are not the problem.

The Problem is the IP-Redirect. As far as I know the Google AdWords Server, which is accessing the shop, is located in Ireland. Due to the redirection of ALL access from outside of DE(Germany) and AT(Austria), the AdWords Server is redirected to a different page (this was the wish of the client and they won't change).

So my Question is, does the AdWords Sever have an ip-range which I can exclude from the redirect so that the AdWords Server can access the shop but other access is denied?

(I know an ip-redirect it's a stupid idea but the client was specific and asked if there was any way to include the Google Serves and exclude the Rest)