Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

google charges

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i am new to adwords.

how do i find out how much google has charged me at the end of the day ?

will I get notification everytime my Credit card gets charged ?

how do I find out how much a click costed post click ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: google charges

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Amarnath M wrote:

i am new to adwords.

You can view your Billing information as often as you like.

How costs are calculated in AdWords

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6080594?rd=1

You Campaign Tab view will also show you a total of clicks and spend - you can change the Date parameters at the top right hand corner of your browser to get information based on the dates you set

Your Keyword Tab  View will show you individual keyword costs

Notifications can be seen in your Billing History - FULL Details below

View your cost and payment history

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704427?hl=en

Your Transaction history page is full of details about your advertising costs and payment information. There, you can:

• Print and download invoices
  • Review your account's payment information
  • View your campaign activity

Follow these steps to see your transaction history:

1. Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
  2. Click the gear icon and choose Billing.

On your Transaction history page, you'll see a gray toolbar just above a table with your cost and payment information.

Click Download IconExport (located on the toolbar) to do one of the following:

• Print selected history: Print the information in the table below.
  • Export as .csv: Download the information shown to a .csv file.

You can filter your information based on what you'd like to see. Use the toolbar on the transaction history page to choose whether you'd like to see a Summary or Detailed view.

In both views, here's what you'll see:

• Starting balance: Your balance on the first day of the date range and on the first day of each following calendar month.
  • Costs: The combined costs for all your campaigns on a particular day.
  • Payments: The amount of your payments and any adjustments applied to your account.
  • Balance: The relationship between how much you've accrued in advertising costs and how much you've paid. Every amount in the Debits column increases your balance (meaning you owe more), while every amount in theCredits column decreases your balance (meaning you owe less). The balance represents the difference.

Click the links below to see more details about the Summary and Detailed views.

If you'd like to see your billing information organized by campaign, click any Campaign activity link in the table.

When you do, you'll see specific information about your campaigns. Expand the sections below to see what each field means.

If you notice a discrepancy between the cost shown under the Campaigns tab and on your Billing pages, here's how to understand what it means.

The top of the page shows information that many advertisers like to check regularly, including:

• Budgets: The number of campaigns in your account that had activity.
  • Clicks: The number of clicks your ads received.
  • Served Cost: The total cost of all the clicks or impressions that your account received. An identical amount will appear on your Campaign Summary page for the same date range.
  • Overdelivery Credit: The total amount in overdelivery credits applied to your account.
  • Actual Cost: The served cost minus overdelivery credits.
  • Budget Changes: The number of times a campaign budget was changed.

You'll see a table with your campaign activity and costs for the date range selected. These are the columns:

• Name: The name of the campaign.
  • Budget: The campaign's budget amounts and the dates these amounts were changed (if applicable). This column will only appear if you click Show budget details.
  • Activity: The number of billable clicks or impressions the campaign accrued. Campaigns with CPC bidding won't show impressions and campaigns with CPM bidding won't show clicks, since you aren't charged for this kind of activity in these campaign types.
  • Served Cost: The cost of all the clicks or impressions that the campaign received. An identical amount will appear on your Campaign Summary page for the same date range
  • Actual Cost: The served cost minus any overdelivery credits.

Use the fields at the top of the page to customize your campaign activity page. Here's how:

• Date range: Click the box under the date range to open a drop-down menu. You can choose one of the pre-defined date ranges, such as "Last month" or "Last quarter," or select Custom date range to set any range you like.
  • Show budget details: Click this link to add a Budget column (showing your total daily budget for a given day) to the campaign activity table. Click Hide budget details to remove the column.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: google charges

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Amarnath M wrote:

i am new to adwords.

You can view your Billing information as often as you like.

How costs are calculated in AdWords

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6080594?rd=1

You Campaign Tab view will also show you a total of clicks and spend - you can change the Date parameters at the top right hand corner of your browser to get information based on the dates you set

Your Keyword Tab  View will show you individual keyword costs

Notifications can be seen in your Billing History - FULL Details below

View your cost and payment history

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704427?hl=en

Your Transaction history page is full of details about your advertising costs and payment information. There, you can:

• Print and download invoices
  • Review your account's payment information
  • View your campaign activity

Follow these steps to see your transaction history:

1. Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
  2. Click the gear icon and choose Billing.

On your Transaction history page, you'll see a gray toolbar just above a table with your cost and payment information.

Click Download IconExport (located on the toolbar) to do one of the following:

• Print selected history: Print the information in the table below.
  • Export as .csv: Download the information shown to a .csv file.

You can filter your information based on what you'd like to see. Use the toolbar on the transaction history page to choose whether you'd like to see a Summary or Detailed view.

In both views, here's what you'll see:

• Starting balance: Your balance on the first day of the date range and on the first day of each following calendar month.
  • Costs: The combined costs for all your campaigns on a particular day.
  • Payments: The amount of your payments and any adjustments applied to your account.
  • Balance: The relationship between how much you've accrued in advertising costs and how much you've paid. Every amount in the Debits column increases your balance (meaning you owe more), while every amount in theCredits column decreases your balance (meaning you owe less). The balance represents the difference.

Click the links below to see more details about the Summary and Detailed views.

If you'd like to see your billing information organized by campaign, click any Campaign activity link in the table.

When you do, you'll see specific information about your campaigns. Expand the sections below to see what each field means.

If you notice a discrepancy between the cost shown under the Campaigns tab and on your Billing pages, here's how to understand what it means.

The top of the page shows information that many advertisers like to check regularly, including:

• Budgets: The number of campaigns in your account that had activity.
  • Clicks: The number of clicks your ads received.
  • Served Cost: The total cost of all the clicks or impressions that your account received. An identical amount will appear on your Campaign Summary page for the same date range.
  • Overdelivery Credit: The total amount in overdelivery credits applied to your account.
  • Actual Cost: The served cost minus overdelivery credits.
  • Budget Changes: The number of times a campaign budget was changed.

You'll see a table with your campaign activity and costs for the date range selected. These are the columns:

• Name: The name of the campaign.
  • Budget: The campaign's budget amounts and the dates these amounts were changed (if applicable). This column will only appear if you click Show budget details.
  • Activity: The number of billable clicks or impressions the campaign accrued. Campaigns with CPC bidding won't show impressions and campaigns with CPM bidding won't show clicks, since you aren't charged for this kind of activity in these campaign types.
  • Served Cost: The cost of all the clicks or impressions that the campaign received. An identical amount will appear on your Campaign Summary page for the same date range
  • Actual Cost: The served cost minus any overdelivery credits.

Use the fields at the top of the page to customize your campaign activity page. Here's how:

• Date range: Click the box under the date range to open a drop-down menu. You can choose one of the pre-defined date ranges, such as "Last month" or "Last quarter," or select Custom date range to set any range you like.
  • Show budget details: Click this link to add a Budget column (showing your total daily budget for a given day) to the campaign activity table. Click Hide budget details to remove the column.