AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

google adwords=unmitigated disaster. How do I can my account-totally?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It has become painfully obvious to me that google adwords is severely biased toward large, existing customers.  After a month of total frustration and a LOT of wasted money, I want to totally eliminate my adwords account.  How do I do that?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: google adwords=unmitigated disaster. How do I can my account-tota

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Contact Access S,

I do not find what you say to be true, but a lot of people get that impression. You can delete your account, which will make it inactive, but that account is never really eliminated. You can reactive that account at any time.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry, Pete, but I have to disagree with you. I have talked to several people, including the folk at Wordstream and they confirm that the small guys are getting screwed. In fact, Google called us up a few days ago and flat out told that they had been 'experimenting' and many of their customers had negative results. They tried to convince us to spend MORE money with them. I simply cannot, and will not, do business with a company that unethical. If I had more money than sense, I would find a lawyer and sue them for the damage they have one to our business.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Oh .. and don't even get me going about the abusive application of power Google has done with their Panda (definitely not cuddily) and Penguin updates. As a B 2 B website, NONE of my customers give a crap about Facebook, Tweeting or G+ or any of that other 'touchy-feeley' junk google seems to love. Most of them don't even have Facebook accounts and think tweet is what birds do.
And we sell durable goods. Tell me how I am supposed to write a 2,000 word treatise on plastic key cabinet tags or even key cabinets themselves? I guess the idiots in Mountain View expect some kind discussion of the origins of plastic and how key cabinets have evolved (which they haven't) Our products don't change. Our customers don't use un-social media. So I get slammed by google for not being 'fresh' and how in the hell can google pontificate about 'low value add'? when they obviously don't even understand how business to business relationships work. Insane.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
All right, then. Were you able to cancel your account?

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords