3.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

gmail sponsored promotions are not anymore

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

google adwords support guys are saying that gmail sponsored promotions have been shut down

is it true???

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sachin S
September 2015

Re: gmail sponsored promotions are not anymore

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Hi Sachin,

The only way you get access to that URL is when one of your AdWords accounts is linked to a GSP account or when your Email id ha been authorized to access the GSP interface for a particular account.

If you are looking to setup a new campaign on your own, I am afraid you cant do that. You have to get in touch with a Google Rep, they will setup the GSP account for you and will grant you access. This is only valid for the first time you create an account, post this, you can add/ delete any number of campaigns as long as your budgets are in check.

If there are any other questions on this, please feel free to let me know.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Sachin,

Not to my knowledge, I haven't heard anything at least...

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Sachin,

We were just speaking with a rep about it a few days ago, so I don't believe it has been entirely shut down. It could be that it was shut down in specific geographies, though...

Wish I could be more helpful!

Best,
Amy

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
so its has been shut down in India???

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hi Sachin,

GSP is infact being run in full flow in India. I myself run 2 separate GSP campaigns and i have colleagues who run a few as well (all for Indian clients). What you may have heard is that GSP billing in India ( as in Rupee billing) is not going to work out.

I was speaking to our rep who had informed us that due to certain RBI regulations, Google was facing issues implementing Rupee billing for Indian clients and this was something that should get resolved by end of 2014. In fact, I had a word with the same rep a few days back and he informed me that this was still on going.

I am not sure where you heard this news from but in my knowledge, GSP is here to stay and India is no exception.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
google adwords customer support told me that
so ow can i access to the interface of GSP
as am unable to access from https://www.google.com/ads/gsp/
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sachin S
September 2015

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Hi Sachin,

The only way you get access to that URL is when one of your AdWords accounts is linked to a GSP account or when your Email id ha been authorized to access the GSP interface for a particular account.

If you are looking to setup a new campaign on your own, I am afraid you cant do that. You have to get in touch with a Google Rep, they will setup the GSP account for you and will grant you access. This is only valid for the first time you create an account, post this, you can add/ delete any number of campaigns as long as your budgets are in check.

If there are any other questions on this, please feel free to let me know.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
just had a word with google rep
and they told me GSP is not available at all.

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star
I am baffled at this response from Google. Are trying to run a GSP campaign for an Indian client? If yes, they do not have Rupee billing at the moment and unless you have a Singapore dollar or US dollar billing account, they wont be able to help you.

Can you elaborate a little on your conversation with Google? Also, are you based in Bombay? I am asking because you may not be talking to the right people at Google.

Shashank
Cheers,

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
m from delhi
i asked them to set up an account for me but there ans is GSP feature is not available anymore