Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

gift ecommerce website delivering in specific country

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi All,
Let me explain exactly what is our e-business doing. Our gift ecommerce website is delivering in a country named Lebanon. Our target people are people abroad and not in lebanon. I made multiple campaigns by coutry/by occasion. Ex: use/birthday, the purpose is to target lebanese people living in usa, once they are searching than they can send birtday gift to their relatives living in lebanon.
I tried to add keyword ex: Birthday gift lebanon and it did not get clicks. Why i putted lebanon in the keywords, it is simply to target people that need to deliver gifts in Lebanon. What should i put as searching createria (board, phrase....). Why if i put newborn gift lebanon also i am not giving impressions or clicks... Thanks
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: gift ecommerce website delivering in specific country

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @CAN P

The approach you took (Geo is targeting   by intent - i.e. Those who search about the location)  is the approach to take,

In addition to including   Lebanon  as part of the keyword, I would recommend to set the advanced location options to: "People searching for, or who show interest in your targeted location".  The targeted location would be Lebanon. 

This option allows you to target  users who show interest in (for example)  "sending gifts  in Lebanon", but physically are located  outside Lebanon.

Read more:

Advanced location options

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @MosheTLV,

I already executed more than 7 Campaigns each campaign by Countries, For example specifically one Campaign For Canada&USA. My Purpose is to Target Lebanese People in USA and Canada. If I made what you told me "People searching for, or who show interest in your targeted location". The targeted location would be Lebanon. " in this way how to be more specific to target people who are physically located in USA and Canada.

Check attachment Pleaseusa and Canada.png

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Ohhh... I see what you did...

Hmm... Can you  open a new campaign with my suggested  Geo targeting settings and check how it performs?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Dear Sir @MosheTLV ,

I need t thank you for your reply,

But i need your help in doing the full example

Check attached the Settings of the Campaign, where should I put the Country where the people are physically located.

01-06-2015 11-44-03 AM.png

Regards

CAN