AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

getting familiar with "google partner"

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello all.

I'm not familiar with how to be a google partner. would u please read the statement below and answer me?

I have to restart an adwords project in my company which has been started 3 years ago but didn't continued.

I'm not familiar enough with this project, so first I want to study and then pass adwords' exams. for being able to taking the exams, I've just signed up for google partner with an account which is linked to my company's adwords manager account. I haven't filled my company's information yet.

If I don't fill the company's information, will our "Spend" time start?

Is it possible for me to spend time on passing the exams first, and then start the steps for being a google partner (steps like Implementing the recommended best practices in our client accounts and meeting the "spend" requirements)? will my certifications be useful for my company while it's in my name and not my company's?

Thank u...

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shahrzad Fatemi
October 2015

Re: getting familiar with "google partner"

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sh, how are you?

Google Partners is a program that you can achieve two things:

1. Become and Qualified Professional (individually, as a person)
2. Become a Certified Google Partner

So, as individual, you just need to sign up for Partners and take the exams. You don't have to do anything else other then that.

To become a certified Google Partner, you will then have to meet some criteria:

- At least one person approved on two Adwords exams (usually the Fundamentals and the Advanced one)
- Meet the spend requirements
- Use of best Practices

There're others and the complete list you can find here:
https://support.google.com/partners/answer/3126965?hl=en

One important thing to mention is that pay attention to what e-mail address you're using. If you're signing in with your company e-mail, then that's valid for your company only.

You have everything you need in that article.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shahrzad Fatemi
October 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sh, how are you?

Google Partners is a program that you can achieve two things:

1. Become and Qualified Professional (individually, as a person)
2. Become a Certified Google Partner

So, as individual, you just need to sign up for Partners and take the exams. You don't have to do anything else other then that.

To become a certified Google Partner, you will then have to meet some criteria:

- At least one person approved on two Adwords exams (usually the Fundamentals and the Advanced one)
- Meet the spend requirements
- Use of best Practices

There're others and the complete list you can find here:
https://support.google.com/partners/answer/3126965?hl=en

One important thing to mention is that pay attention to what e-mail address you're using. If you're signing in with your company e-mail, then that's valid for your company only.

You have everything you need in that article.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Dear Leandro
Thank u for your kind answer. It was all helpful!

Best regards
Shahrzad Fatemi

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Shahrzad Fatemi,

Let me be precise to your questions -

If I don't fill the company's information, will our "Spend" time start?

No, it won't. Spend is counted against a company/partner profile, not against an individual profile

Is it possible for me to spend time on passing the exams first, and then start the steps for being a google partner?

Yes, you can pass your exam first and then get ahead to add a company profile or affiliate yourself to an existing partner.

Will my certifications be useful for my company while it's in my name and not my company's?

Yes, the more certified individuals your company has, the better impact it may have on potential customers. Though, only one certified individual is required for Partners Program. 

Does that help?

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Dear Ratan

your answers are awesome! you really helped me solving my problems! Thank you my friend!

Shahrzad Fatemi