# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

2 Expert replyverified_user

getting calls meant for competitors.

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Ryan R,

Are you using the competitors brand name in your keywords?

If the customers are looking for the same service from the competitors that you offer then you can convert them with some offers/discounts.

Else, you can use competitors brand names as negative keywords to restrict your ads to show to the users searching with the competitors brand.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Absolutely!!  Definitely check your search query reports and see what was triggered.  I would add those competitors as negatives as Archit mentions.

Re: getting calls meant for competitors.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would not be happy if I were the competitor in this situation! Something similar is happening to me-- someone else is using my company name as a keyword so they are coming up in search results when people search for my company. Is it possible to purchase the name of my company from Google Adwords so that no one else can use my name as a keyword??

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hi @April J,

If your brand is a registered trademark then your competitors can't use your brand name in the ad copies but Google does not restrict anyone to use any brand name in the keywords. In fact, its a strategy to grab competitors traffic.

The only way to cope up with this is advertising on your company's name.

You will need comparatively lower bid to hold the top position as you will gain better QS than the competitors.

In addition, use some USPs making your ads stand out from the competitors.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’