2.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

geosearch for keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'd like to do an analysis that I imagine many service business serving a local geography would also like to do for themselves.  Surprisingly, it seems like keyword planning tools don't make this easier to do.  I would like to enter a set of companies in our field and in our geography into some keyword planning tool and then designate the geography of interest. THe toll would then aggregate all the search terms used in searches within our geography (i.e. not the whole U.S., maybe just our MSA) within a recent time frame (monthly, quarterly) that resulted in the searcher clicking on one of these local businesses.   The next step would be then to list out those search terms ranked by volume of use. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: geosearch for keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Leonard B,

Thanks for the question. You can definitely achieve (most of) what you're trying to do, just not with Google's tools.

There are third party tools out there, mostly on freemium models, which are very popular for competitor keyword research (which, in essence, is what it seems you are describing).

A coupld of popular examples are SEMrush or Spyfu... and there are many others. I do not work for or have connections with either of them.

Good luck!

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Leonard,

Within Adwords their is a keyword planner which will allow you to select specific locations and get an estimate of searches within it. However you can not do a radius but you can enter one or multiple states, counties, zip codes, addresses etc. It will also suggest similar keywords and have their data as well.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Leonard B,

unfortunately, didn't understand your question completely. Have you try to use Google correlate, Consumer barometer or Google trends?