Guide Me
star_border

fraud clicks

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello community,

Could somebody help me with subject?

How can I  watch on competitors doing fraud clicks on my Adwords account?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2016

Re: fraud clicks

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Vladimir,

You will need a 3rd party tool for this. You add javascript to your site, and tags to your AdWords URLs. Then they spot multiple clicks from the same ISP and report to you. For most you then manually add the ISP addresses to AdWords, although there is one that will do it automatically.

Keep in mind that Google does catch most of these, and the 3rd party tools are there to catch the extra malicious competitors.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Vladimir,

You will need a 3rd party tool for this. You add javascript to your site, and tags to your AdWords URLs. Then they spot multiple clicks from the same ISP and report to you. For most you then manually add the ISP addresses to AdWords, although there is one that will do it automatically.

Keep in mind that Google does catch most of these, and the 3rd party tools are there to catch the extra malicious competitors.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
OK, what tools u may recommend?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Search for: click fraud monitoring

There are quite a few, with similar functionality. Some give fraudsters a message, some don't.

Click Cease can automatically add IP addresses to your account, but I presume they will need your AdWords login.

I recommend adding IP addresses manually and thinking long and hard about how many clicks are too many before banning IP addresses. Someone clicking on your ad more than once could be seriously considering your product and service. What you should look for is repeated searches for the same search query over multiple days, especially the same time of day.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Vladimir,

I agree with Rob's recommendation. I've found Click Cease to work pretty well.

Best,

John

fraud clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

even if you find and track this, google will not refund nor admit it happens. been dealing with this problem for years.

fraud clicks

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

Mitchell,

Click Cease can automate the requests for refunds and I understand it works well.