Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

first page estimate Vs Ad Preview Tool

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I see this particular confusion. I ran a campaign for US market. Keyword bids are higher and adwords keyword speech bubble says "Below First Page Bid". SO I understand that my ad won't be showing on the 1st page.

As I check the speech bubble it says my Ad is showing. I check out Ad Preview tool and see my Ad on the ride side, although on low ranks.

So, I want to to understand why Google says "Below first page bid" yet showing my Ad? And although Ad is showing, I see 0 impression and 0 click.

Please help.

Thanks,

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
October 2015

Re: first page estimate Vs Ad Preview Tool

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

Having your keyword bid "below first page bid estimate" does not mean the associated ad(s) won't win any of the ad auctions. It's merely a signal that you are not competing for all (or even most) of the available traffic and that, as you have seen in the preview, when your ad is triggered, it may be low on the SERPs. 

The messaging is an aid for people wanting to know what bid levels they might want to use for their ads to perform well on the Google search page.

The bid levels estimates are not applicable to Search Partner or Display traffic, both of which tend to be less expensive than Google traffic.

As for seeing your ad in the preview, what the preview shows is what someone would see at that moment if they searched your ad in the live environment. Whether or not the keyword actually gets impressions depends on whether or not anyone really is searching that phrase in your chosen geographic location.

Hope that helps!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
October 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

Having your keyword bid "below first page bid estimate" does not mean the associated ad(s) won't win any of the ad auctions. It's merely a signal that you are not competing for all (or even most) of the available traffic and that, as you have seen in the preview, when your ad is triggered, it may be low on the SERPs. 

The messaging is an aid for people wanting to know what bid levels they might want to use for their ads to perform well on the Google search page.

The bid levels estimates are not applicable to Search Partner or Display traffic, both of which tend to be less expensive than Google traffic.

As for seeing your ad in the preview, what the preview shows is what someone would see at that moment if they searched your ad in the live environment. Whether or not the keyword actually gets impressions depends on whether or not anyone really is searching that phrase in your chosen geographic location.

Hope that helps!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
While we are at the "below first page bid" topic: are there other pages for Ads really? Because as of now, there's no option to browse a second page of ads. What a user can do is advance to a 2nd Results page where, along with organic results, the user gets some more Ads.
The question that begs is: are those ads that appear in the subsequent SERPs from advertisers who currently have "below first page bid"? Or does a new auction take place again each time the user browses to a subsequent SERP (in which case, there are no Ad Pages other than the first one)?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi,
A couple of Week ago i also put up the same question on the google's hangout. The reply which i got was : your ads may appear on the first page though you bid below the suggested 1st page bid, under certain situations like other advertisers may get out of ad auction due to exhausted budget.
But i am still confused, are all the advertisers ran away from the ad auction due to limited budget at the same time. Because i have found many times that my ads are shown on the top 3 positions with bubble showing "below first page bid" !!

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

Other things are taken into account during an auction. such as Quality Score. If your Quality score (and a few other factors) are ranked higher then other advertisers, your ad may show in a better position the an advertiser willing to pay more then you. 

Hope that helped

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Thanks Terry.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’