1.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

exclude issue

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

i have a big issue i want to exclude some area from my city and the area is not allowed to exclude it from google so i did that, i mention all city in map exception area what i want to exclude it and it ok my ads is not showing in this area, but yesterday i search in exclude area and add the city name in keywords i find my ads showing for example i exclude area name (b)

my keywords is leaks and water leaks if i search by water leaks in riyadh my ads will show in area name (b) but if i search by leaks or water leaks my ads not showing in area name (b)  

1 Expert replyverified_user

exclude issue

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @hassan,

You need to change your campaign's location options advanced settings as

Target: People in my targeted location

Exclude: People in my excluded location

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

exclude issue

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

hi Archit thanks for you replay but still the same issue i spending to much because of this area 

exclude issue

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

i i'm waiting for anyone replay please.

exclude issue

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hi @hassan,

Your have mentioned that "i mention all city in map exception area what i want to exclude it and it ok my ads is not showing in this area"

It means your ads are not triggering in excluded locations.

my keywords is leaks and water leaks if i search by water leaks in riyadh my ads will show in area name (b){where (b) is the excluded area and Riyadh must be the targeted area}

So if you mention the targeted area name(Riyadh along with water leak)in the search query, the ad is triggering.

It simply means AdWords is showing the ads to the users searching for, or who show interest in my targeted location(as per your current location options advanced settings).

You need to change the settings of your campaign(mentioned in the previous post)

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’