2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

exact match

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How can I apply the exact match in search results? 

Re: exact match

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tom,

Could you be a bit more specific? I am not sure what you are asking for. Do you want to make your keywords exact match? Do you want to change a users earch query to an exact match keyword in your campaign? Do you want to ensure that a users search query is matched with your exact match keyword? Or is it something else completely?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Tom J

Select Exact Match in Keywords while uploading Keyword , A square bracket will be formed around specific keyword , for eg [ buy car],
Ad will be shown only if "buy car" is typed in search query or close variations of "buy car" exactly, with no other words.

Read more details here :
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2407781?hl=en

for all other match types read :
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Clynton, thank you for your reply. I will try my best to describe what exactly I need. From the previous version of the same Google's Keyword Tool (now Keyword Planer) , you could switch between "broad" search and "exact" match by checking the boxes on the very left side of the screen. By checking the appropriate box (broad or exact), your searching results would be different. Now, I am trying to find that option but I cannot find it at all? Seems like there is no such option in this new version of the tool? I hope you do understand me now, a little better?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Shweta, thank you for the references Smiley Happy

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tom,

Ok cool, easy enough fix. I assume you are looking at traffic estimates. So I will give you a step by step.

If you look above the graph you will see a few tabs. Switch to the keyword tab, which should be the second tab, after Ad groups.

Now if you look below the graph you will see a list of all your keywords that you have entered into the planner. Just above this list is 4 buttons, Add keywords/ Edit/ Match type/ download.

the third button is a drop down and that is what you need. If you have no keywords selected (by checking the box on the left of the keywords in the list) this drop down will only allow you to change the match type of all your keywords, otherwise you can also change the match type of selected keywords if you have some selected.

Hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks m8