Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

enhanced campaigns

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello guys,

I am just starting the process of upgrading my account to ehanced settings and I need some advice.

Within my account there are both search network only and mobile only campaigns and some of them are exactly the same just the network is different. I should merge those campaigns because they are the same but at the moment only the search network campaigns are running, and the mobile campaigns are paused.

My question is, give the fact that I have these campaigns on my account (mobile ones) should I still merge them with the search network ones that are running or not? Or should I just delete them?

Cheers

Oscar

Re: enhanced campaigns

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Premio,

If you changed the Search Only campaign from a legacy to an enhanced campaign its its already serving ads on Mobile devices unless you've changed your mobile bid adjustments to "Decrease by 100%".

So really all you have to do is pause the Mobile legacy campaign (considering that the search and mobile camapigns are identical), upgrade the Search to enhance and adust your mobile bid accordingly and youo should be fine.

Also you can add an optimized for mobile ad to the upgraded search campaign and check the "mobile" box for that ad and the ad will "only" show on Mobile devices.

hope this helps!

PPCSophie

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I haven't ungraded anything yet and before doing so i would like to know if i have to merge two identical campaings even though the mobile one is paused, otherwise I will just delete the mobile one and i upgrade the search network once adjusting the bids accordingly, what do you reckon?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Premio,

You got it!  If the Search & Mobile are identical.  I would suggest pausing the mobile (you are able to have an "All enabled campaigns" view, pause it to reference it in the future), upgrading the search, and adjust your mobile bids accordingly.

You are on the right track.

PPCSophie

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks PPCSophie, I will do this way, quicker and simpler!

Have a good afternoon!

Cheers

Oscar

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
You too!

Cheers!
PPCSophie