Guide Me
star_border

eligable

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys 

Ok this is my first attempt at actually putting a campaign live

I've looked at it before but have always decide that the adwords help pages where of so poor quality that they just didn't make sense or always left the important info out so gave up. this time have read an independent guide which is understandable.

Anyway have made a campaign for display network text ads a campaign for display network image ads and one for search all targeting the Spanish language and spain

Have made 6 ad groups in the 2 display campaigns to separate and track the text ads from the image ads (identical keywords, all are keywords that anylitics tells me we converted on last year via organic.). Have finished all the text ads for the display campaign (2 for each ad group) and put it live last night.

All the ads say approved and by all the keywords etc say eligable

so does that mean the ads should now be showing on the display network.

or is there something else that google forgot to tell me Smiley Happy as we are now at least 20 hours since put live and no impressions.

home page says keywords below first page bid (0)

thanks in advance for any pointers

Ian

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by LynnyRose (Follower ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: eligable ad

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Ecommerce_Spain; welcome to the Community;

Here you are straight from the help center:

Ads marked as "Eligible" are allowed to run on Google search pages before they're approved because it seems likely that the ads are acceptable. Before the ad is reviewed and approved, it can only run on Google search pages to people who have turned off SafeSearch filtering. Eligible ads can't run on the Search Network and Display Network until they're approved.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=188700

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by LynnyRose (Follower ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Ecommerce_Spain; welcome to the Community;

Here you are straight from the help center:

Ads marked as "Eligible" are allowed to run on Google search pages before they're approved because it seems likely that the ads are acceptable. Before the ad is reviewed and approved, it can only run on Google search pages to people who have turned off SafeSearch filtering. Eligible ads can't run on the Search Network and Display Network until they're approved.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=188700

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your reply

but i had already found that after a long time of searching

but if you read my question you will find I said

all ads show APPROVED

ALL keywords say ELIGIBLE

and this is a DISPLAY NETWORK Txt campaign using keywords that all converted last year.

These keywords where responsible for ALL our sales last year and in these months of the year June, July, August are responsible for the bulk of our 1000 to 1500 visitors each day

Therefore the reason i said so do I assume that the ads should had started showing already or is there something else google hasn't told me Smiley Happy as we are 20 hours in and not a single impression

thanks Ian

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again Ian;

You first said : "Ok this is my first attempt at actually putting a campaign live"

Later o you are saying : "these keywords were responsible for ALL our sales last year"

So , is it a new campaign? ; Were the Keywords or the campaigns paused and re-activated?

Check also this brand new article (it covers your question):

Frequently Asked Questions by New Advertisers

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Yes correct I said it was my first campign that I had put live which it is.

I also said in the 1st post that the keywords where from Anylitics and where the keywords that produced our sales from last year on our web site from ORGANIC search not paid

Correct in the second post (trying to make it clearer ho hum) I said  "these keywords were responsible for ALL our sales last year"   but I continued with "and in these months of the year June, July, August are responsible for the bulk of our 1000 to 1500 visitors each day" this of course is organic search.

I only mention this to show there is search volume for these keywords

so yes this is our first campaign (the account is only a few weeks old)

so does anybody know if the ads should be live as the help seems to suggest or as I say is there something else i need to know

thanks Ian

hope I've made it clearer now 

Re: eligable

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
experiencing same eligibility problem.
adword gurus,please help out newbies like me

Re: eligable

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Zubby Know how ya feel

Ok THINK I got it

as sometime after 24 hours after we put it live, data suddenly appeared in our account

so it looks like google as I supposed forgot to mention something

Google say that the data of clicks and impresions appear in the account a MAX of 3 hours later ( so you can see why I was trying to find out what was wrong)

I'm Guessing (note guessing) that for Display network it is different ie 24 hours will test my theory tonight,

Note to Google Could you please mention this difference in your help pages and make you help pages accurate and understandable as you would stop a lot of frustration and wasted time. and if in the account admin you ask us to email you for help, try answering them, otherwise it leads to further frustration and a terrible customer experience. yes we are customers. I may never spend millions but you know what happens to little acorns Smiley Happy

Thanks to all that replied and tried to help it is appreciated