Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

ecommerce conversion tracking code

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

hi,

on which page i need to put conversion tracking code (label: purchase / sale) in case of an ecommerce site. I want to track the total value on the shopping cart. Is it the final thank you page after the payment has been made? kindly help...

thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: ecommerce conversion tracking code

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello skevin118,

In most of the e-commerce websites, your last page is check out success page when the user gets the confirmation of order completion and about the product delivery time and all. So you need to identify that page and install the conversion tracking on that page.

However, in some websites, payment method is on 3rd party website, so you need to be careful and make sure that after the payment details has been updated, then 3rd party website redirects to your site. So, in this case, you will have to install code on that particular page of your website.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author skevin118
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi skevin118,

In case of an ecommerce site if you want to track total value on the shopping cart then you need to add tracking code after the payment has been made, where it shows check out is successful.

Also, if you are implementing ecommerce tracking and using a 3rd-party shopping cart, you will likely need to configure cross-domain tracking as well.

Hope it helps!

Thanks
Brijesh

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Skevin,

Kindly visit below link for a solution.

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/gaTrackingEcommerce
http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1722054

Hope above links helps you to get the answer of your question.

Just a Tought of Mine!

Anchal

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

That is right, create a dedicated thank you page - That automatically converts after customer completed your desire goal. Robot wink  

More Power,
Loraine
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello skevin118,

In most of the e-commerce websites, your last page is check out success page when the user gets the confirmation of order completion and about the product delivery time and all. So you need to identify that page and install the conversion tracking on that page.

However, in some websites, payment method is on 3rd party website, so you need to be careful and make sure that after the payment details has been updated, then 3rd party website redirects to your site. So, in this case, you will have to install code on that particular page of your website.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author skevin118
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi skevin118,

In case of an ecommerce site if you want to track total value on the shopping cart then you need to add tracking code after the payment has been made, where it shows check out is successful.

Also, if you are implementing ecommerce tracking and using a 3rd-party shopping cart, you will likely need to configure cross-domain tracking as well.

Hope it helps!

Thanks
Brijesh

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Pankaj,

thanks... thanks a lot for your precise answer (this is what i was looking at), thanks again

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Brijesh,

thanks for the additional information (configure cross domain tracking)

thanks...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I need help to track ecommerce conversion. I have added GA tracking code, also enabled E-commerce tracking option on GA. But, I am not getting Ecommerce data on my GA account. So, do I need to add any separate data to track conversion i.e., adding products to cart, placing an order or checkout complete???? If so, then kindly help with the code. Also, help were to place the ecommerce tracking code this our electrical shopping site i.e., #eleczo.com Thanks, Eleczo Team