Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

dynamically inserted keywords

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi , 

Can I put two DKI ads in the same adgroup  for the same landing page. Why I am asking is that with the headlines being dynamically changed  for my keywords like "  buy tshirts" " buy sports tshirts" etc I want to make sure my description text changes as well according to DKI changes on headline.

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pranjal
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

You can use the {KeyWord:The Dynamic Text Goes Here} anywhere in your ad copy - that includes not only the headline but also the description line and the display url - but be careful, badly thought out DKI can make you look silly if you haven't thought through what each of your keywords is going to look like within your text.

Like Moshe, I'm not sure if this is what you are asking...

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Not sure I understand the issue; Can you upload a screenshot?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pranjal
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

You can use the {KeyWord:The Dynamic Text Goes Here} anywhere in your ad copy - that includes not only the headline but also the description line and the display url - but be careful, badly thought out DKI can make you look silly if you haven't thought through what each of your keywords is going to look like within your text.

Like Moshe, I'm not sure if this is what you are asking...

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Sir,

I can not upload the screenshot as its not a thing on my screen.I am sure you know about dynamic keyword insertion.Now, my question is that, I need to change my ad text as according to the DKI headlines.As per example I have  keywords in a adgroup

1. "buy polo tshirt " 

2."buy sports tshirt "

3.buy+polo+tshirt

4.buy+sports+tshirt

the DKI ad example would be 

Headline 1: Buy {KeyWord: Tshirt} 

Headline2 :Get 20% Off On Sale

Now my question is that according to DKI headlines I want to change my description ad text

Lets say :

example 1: Buy Your Cool Polo Tshirt Now! Same Day Delivery.

example 2: Buy Your Cool Sports Tshirt Now! Same Day Delivery.

Basically is DKI is allowed on Description ad text   or is there is a different way.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi@stickleback

you got it first time.

thanks, that's what I wanted to know.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Pranjal

As an addition to your DKI, you may also find using scripts and the use of {param1} {param2} useful where for example you may experiment with the discounts or messages. This may help you in bulk and save your ads going into review each time. There are obviously some weaknesses here to but it may be an interesting addition to utilise. 

Here is the link to the script I am referring to 

http://www.freeadwordsscripts.com/search/label/param1

Kindest regards

James G

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @James Edw Goode

Checked the script.Can you please give me a practical idea or example or implementation of that script in respect to discounts or messages. With DKI the biggest challenge I am facing is with Body text. Is there a way that I can define DKI on the headline with respect to the keywords and body text to a specific line of  text( Example , 30% Off On all Sports Tshirts or 20% Off On All Polo Tshirts) with respect to the keyword DKI pics as the display keyword.

I hope it makes sense to you.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Pranjal,

I just want to bring in your notice that it is keyword that is being inserted in Ad Text when you choose DKI. Whichever keyword will trigger ad - will be inserted in place of default text. In your example Tshirt will be replaced with any of the keyword 

buy polo tshirt

buy sports tshirt

Read more about DKI

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6371157

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454041

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Neha Gupta

Thank you for your reply. I just want to know that can you please post a link or a screenshot so that I can check an example of DKI headlines and text ads working together.

Thanks

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Pranjal

In relation to the scripts, lets say for example you wanted to test quite a large number of ad groups with a message of x% price reduction vs $value in price reduction to ascertain whether a % number (save $20) displayed or a an actual price monetary saving performed best for your ads and objectives. One way to do this without your ads going into review every time you change the message to do so by changing params in the spreadsheet which are populated dynamically. Of course you may need to keep track of results seperate to the ad history itself since the ad will say param1 opposed to the values you are testing, but for short singular simple tests this is quite easy. I use this a lot for various examples and find it to be very beneficial. Imagine you had 10k ads with prices and suddenly they changed - one quick and very effective way can be changed via param 1 (and even quicker if linked to some form of auto populate was built from a merchant centre)

For what you are trying to achieve with DKI, i haven't tried to implement myself in 2 places with an IF condition, but i understand what you are attempting. I cannot think of a way to do this at present but it may be possible somehow via a similar param script but i ned more time to think about it. In the meantime I hope a follow experts knowledge may be able to provide you with a solution. 

Have a great day, I hope this may have given you some ideas

James