AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

dropped campaign performance

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Firstly i created a campaign with single adgroup consisting of 26 keywords and i got hundreds of impressions and single number clicks per day. Inorder to make more ad relevancy i divided the keywords in 2 halfs and created  2 adgroups with 3 different adcopies in each adgroup. In all adcopies i mostly utilized the keywords existing in each adgroup. Mostly all my keywords are in exact match. Now i got only 50 impressions and 2 clicks per day. Can anyone please explain me Is this not a best practice to improve clicks and conversions for my campaign? 

Thanks & Regards,

Nandini

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Thotakura N
September 2015

Re: dropped campaign performance

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nandini,

There could be many aspects to this. Running a single campaign with some keywords and that too in single match type might or might not decide whether you are heading towards the right direction or not.

You need to first focus on what is your actual goal from AdWords like leads, sales or Branding. Based on that, you have to work on the structure of your account and optimize it.

What keyword matching options you were using earlier and when you split your campaign you said you were using only Exact match type keywords. Did you analyse what kind of search terms users entered while they saw your ad and reached your landing page?

Did you try some different keyword matching option or not like Phrase, Broad modifier?

Also note the you need to create theme based ad groups with tightly themed keywords and then write the ad copies in sync with those keywords. Also give the write message and justified expectations in your ad copy so that users doesn't have bad experience while they reach your landing page. What you commit in your ad should be there on the landing page to support it.

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Thotakura N
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nandini,

There could be many aspects to this. Running a single campaign with some keywords and that too in single match type might or might not decide whether you are heading towards the right direction or not.

You need to first focus on what is your actual goal from AdWords like leads, sales or Branding. Based on that, you have to work on the structure of your account and optimize it.

What keyword matching options you were using earlier and when you split your campaign you said you were using only Exact match type keywords. Did you analyse what kind of search terms users entered while they saw your ad and reached your landing page?

Did you try some different keyword matching option or not like Phrase, Broad modifier?

Also note the you need to create theme based ad groups with tightly themed keywords and then write the ad copies in sync with those keywords. Also give the write message and justified expectations in your ad copy so that users doesn't have bad experience while they reach your landing page. What you commit in your ad should be there on the landing page to support it.

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi pankaj, thankyou for your suggestions. I created adgroup based on keywords theme only and i gave a write message in adcopies which is relevant to my landing page. I used phrase match type for 2 -3 keywords and i used the same keywords which i used earlier before splitting into 2 adgroups