AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

driving clicks to Facebook games

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want players for my facebook apps. Can AdWords do it so that I don't have to compete with CocaCola?

my url look like:  apps.facebook.com/MyApp

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: driving clicks to Facebook games

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again;
Google replied (as I had thought), that since these are different business entities, Google allows multiple ads hosted on this domain. So, in the auction you are competing as in any other auction. (You are not going to compete against "Coca Cola" Smiley Happy  )
However, please note that "multiple ads, hosted on the same domain, are  shown on SERP, -  does not mean that a business owner is allowed to "double serve".

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello;
I'm not quite sure I fully understood your question.
You could promote a Facebook page using Adwords;
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am talking about games played within facebook.

Their URL is something like: https://apps.facebook.com/myFacebookGame

I am told that if I place AdWords ads I will be competing with all the big companies (such as CocaCola) that advertise their facebook pages, is this the case?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hmm.... I see your point;...
This could be the case, since Google's allows only one ad promoting, the same domain on SERP. So, if you and Coca Cola are promoting an app, (on FB app domain)  only one ad will be shown.

However; since you and Coca Cola are different entities, it could be that it is allowed. (Like for ebay ads: though the same domain, different advertisers could show their ads, since they are not the same business entity.)

I will forward the case to Google;

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again;
Google replied (as I had thought), that since these are different business entities, Google allows multiple ads hosted on this domain. So, in the auction you are competing as in any other auction. (You are not going to compete against "Coca Cola" Smiley Happy  )
However, please note that "multiple ads, hosted on the same domain, are  shown on SERP, -  does not mean that a business owner is allowed to "double serve".

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, Moshe, for your prompt answer.

I now have two more questions (remember, I'm new to AdWords):
what is SERP?
what is to "double serve"?

Mariana

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

Good morning.

Double-serving is when one advertiser tries to get more than one ad serving for a single search phrase--on a single SERP. 

SERP stands for Search Engine Results Page.

I would strongly suggest that you read the material in the AdWords Help learning center before you begin spending money. It will teach you the basics of the AdWords program that you need to know in order to advertise successfully.

Good luck!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks,

yes, I am reading all AdWords Help, and realizing that this is a whole new science and I need to delegate it, my problem is finding who to....