AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

does the remarketing tag HAVE to be posted before the </body> tag?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does the remarketing tag HAVE to be posted before the </body> tag or can it be posted anywhere on the particular page?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: does the remarketing tag HAVE to be posted before the </body&am

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Austin, I would say it's just a recommendation and it will probably work just as well anywhere in the page.  However, I don't know that and I have to ask why you can't just put it where Google suggest; is there a particular reason?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Re: does the remarketing tag HAVE to be posted before the </body&gt

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Austin,

If you are talking about the AdWords conversion code, that is the best place to put it as the placement allows the entire page to render before registering the conversion. You could put it higher on the page, or even in the head section, but your page load time could suffer from that.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Pete, thanks for the reply. I am actually talking about the remarketing tag for google display network. It allows you to remarket to people who have landed on a certain page of your site. For example if they go to a red tennis shoe page, that red tennis shoe will then follow them around the web. It's similiar to the conversion code, but different.

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2476688?hl=en

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Austin, I would say it's just a recommendation and it will probably work just as well anywhere in the page.  However, I don't know that and I have to ask why you can't just put it where Google suggest; is there a particular reason?

Jon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Jon!

Well, the reason is I work in the internet marketing department and believe it or not I don't have access to the backend of our website! Only our IT department does....There are certain elements and places on the website I can make changes through our intranet system but again, I don't have access to the backend code to place the tag wherever I want Smiley Sad its a crappy situation but I have to work with what I got...So the code would be placed most likely higher on the page..

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Well, you've kinda covered it yourself.  Any company that actively puts barriers in place of successful business needs a fairly serious talking-to.  Why not explain the situation & pass it up through your line managers.  I know what I'd say about a company that did this, but it wouldn't be printable.

Jon