Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

does the order of my keywords matter...

[ Edited ]
N/A
# 1
N/A

does the order in which I list my keywords matter? if a keyword is at the top of my list, or the first on my list does that mean it's the most important keyword?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: does the order of my keywords matter...

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi

The order of the list dosen't matter. The most fitting keyword is being determined out of a combination how well the keyword fits the search term, the match type (exact, phrase, broad) and probably the max bid per keyword.

Regards

Aleks

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Absolutely right.

The only time the order of keywords matters is if you have the same keyword in two campaigns (even though you shouldn't really) with all the same targeting options, then the original, or first keyword will show and the other will not show at all.

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

Just in case the other answers were not what you were looking for, The order of words within a keyword phrase could make a difference.

Let's say your keyword is cheap blue widgets. Now let's look at match types:

As broad match: will show if the search query includes these words in any order, with or without other terms.

As phrase match: will show only if the search query includes all three terms in that order. It will show if the query includes cheap blue widgets, it will not show if the query includes blue widgets cheap.

As exact match: will show only if the search query is exactly cheap blue widgets with no other terms before or after.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Pete...

I am manufacturer of home furnishing goods and saw huge potential of my goods on amazon.

But getting rank on amazon is really very tough as competition is high. But as a manufacturer I little edge.

I don't have experience of online marketing and I was trying amazon ad campaign.

my keyword was "white king sheet set". So, this curosity came to my mind whether is "king white sheet set" is same as the earlier...

I am also looking for teaming up with someone who can get me traffic and increase my online sales.

thanks for reading...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
As far as my experience is concerned, I think order of keyword doesn't matter at all, as Google comes up with the most user phrases, however if you got some logical aspects and proper content then there are possibilities your appropriate meta will bring itself somewhere at the top by fitting with in the early results.