AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

4.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

display url

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi everyone,

For all my ads i have a display url that is incorrect and links to an error page on the website. Both path 1 and path 2 have keywords, and the issue seems to be the extra keywords in path 2. The display url with only path 1 would link correctly to a page on the website.

However when speaking to the old marketing agency they explain that path 1 and path 2 need to be used with keywords in order to maximise real estate - even when its linking to an error page.

Should I keep both paths or bulk change it to path 1 which will link correctly to a page on the site.

Many thanks,

Aqib

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2017

display url

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello Aqib,

display URL is not the URL that leads someone to your website after click. That is final URL. So if your ads are leading to error page, then you should definitely fix your final URL.

In path 1 and path 2 of the display URL you can have pretty much anything you want and yes it's recommended to have there keywords or some other relevant/catchy words.

Tomáš

of the display URL you can have pretty much anything you want and yes it's recommended to have there keywords or some other relevant/catchy words.

Tomáš

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2017

display url

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello Aqib,

display URL is not the URL that leads someone to your website after click. That is final URL. So if your ads are leading to error page, then you should definitely fix your final URL.

In path 1 and path 2 of the display URL you can have pretty much anything you want and yes it's recommended to have there keywords or some other relevant/catchy words.

Tomáš

of the display URL you can have pretty much anything you want and yes it's recommended to have there keywords or some other relevant/catchy words.

Tomáš

display url

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Tomas!

display url

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you Tomáš!