what is the format to check a topic in google display planner?
when i enter a topic the system consider it as a keyword and not a topic.
for example: flowers will be keywords, but what if i want to get insights about the topic flowers.
Hi @Tomer N,
The Display Planner helps you find, test, and tinker with your targeting before adding it to you Display Network campaigns. But there’s more to this tool than creating ad groups and adjusting your settings. You can get details on each idea or ad group suggestions, use performance forecasts, set advanced filters, and adjust bid and budget graphs. Learn more about advanced features here.
When you open Display Planner, you will see two different features.
1) Find new targeting ideas. Search for new targeting ideas using a phrase, website, or category. Choose this option to get started with a broader selection of targeting ideas. You’ll enter keywords, topics, or websites that you think are likely to match your customer interests, and your landing page. That will get Display Planner started with the types of targeting and keywords that can build the foundation of your campaign.
Find top placements by location. In this section, you’ll enter your campaign location and language targeting, bid type, your available ad formats, and topics that are relevant to your business. Using this info, Display Planner will show you the top Display Network inventory for your campaign.
2) See insights and forecasts for your targeting. In these two sections, you’ll still enter your campaign targeting, bidding, and ad formats. However, to get insights and forecasts specific to targeting you’ve already created, you can add in your existing targeting methods. You can either upload an existing Display Planner plan as a CSV file, or enter your targeting criteria (one per line) in the box. Here’s how these should look:
- Keywords: Search phrase. Example: flight discounts
- Placements: Web URL. Example: placement.com
- Topics: Topic:<ID>. Example: Topic:1234
- Interests: Interest:<ID>. Example: Interest:80001
- Android apps: mobileapp:2-<ID>. Example: mobileapp:1-234567891
- Mobile app categories: mobileappcategory:<ID>. Example: mobileappcategory:60008
Get inventory details for your targeting. Here you can enter targeting criteria or upload from a previous plan you’ve made. Once you click Get inventory details, you’ll see inventory data for your targeting ideas. You can then choose to add targeting details like placements and demographics to your plan.
Get performance forecasts for your targeting. Like above, you can also enter targeting criteria or upload from a previous plan you’ve made. Once you click Get performance forecasts, you’ll see a graph of your plan’s potential performance based on bid and budget. You can adjust this graph several ways:
- Enter various bids and budgets in the boxes above.
- Adjust the “Campaign targeting”, “Bid strategy”, and “Filters” sections on the side.
- Click a point on the graph to select that bid.
To add more ideas, click the grey Back to ideas button at the top of the page.
Google AdWords Top Contributor | Google Partner | GYBO | Local Guide | My Profile