1.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

display/destination url issue....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

my display and destination url are the same - they go to my blog where I have links to two sites where folks can purchase my book.  But when I try to setup my add and put the blog url in both places it keeps giving me an error saying I need a top level domain.  I have no top level domain....just my blog.  How can I get the ad setup?  Thanks,

Vicki

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: display/destination url issue....

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Vicki,

Welcome to the community.

I would recommend checking out Tom's answer on this thread as it might be similar to your own situation. Tom states that excluding the http:// from the ad fields might help in approving the ad.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Vicki,

Welcome to the community.

I would recommend checking out Tom's answer on this thread as it might be similar to your own situation. Tom states that excluding the http:// from the ad fields might help in approving the ad.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Scott....that worked.  I'm so new to all of this and I'm very intimidated at having to set all this up.  Thanks again,

Vicki

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

No problem! Smiley Happy (It was Tom's original answer anyway)

We are all here to help Smiley Wink

Got another question, please.....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Scott.....I chose manual payments.  Do I make a payment before I've been given the official ok for my ad to be compliant?  Or do I pay and then wait for them to say my ad is compliant?  Thanks,

Vicki

Re: Got another question, please.....

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Vicki,

As I understand it, your ad won't be approved until the campaign has been funded. I could be wrong, but I'd recommend making a deposit anyway.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: Got another question, please.....

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

I think the initial deposit you make to activate the account is enough but it's probably safe to add some sort of funds as Pete has suggested.

It only has to be minimal and you'll end up using it on clicks anyway, there is no loss by adding the funds.