Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

display campaign location targeting

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

I am pretty confused about a Display. For a job campaign for 2 (Chicago & California) locations, I have decided the following things.

• Mobile Specific campaign (as my budget is too low for Search)
  • Mobile Specific Ads
  • What else can I for an optimized start of the campaign?

Further, how should be the following-

Campaign as per locations- Now, I am confused as I am trying to decide if I should create 2 separate campaigns for Chicago and California or choose single campaign with 2 ad groups for Chicago & California?

Ad Groups- Also, how should I create the Ad groups? The job profile is same but the location varies. Should I create ad groups on the basis of job title or location?

Thirdly, should I opt topic, keywords or placements-based targeting?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

jack

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jack N
September 2015

Re: display campaign location targeting

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jack N,

I would prefer to use same campaign with 2 ad groups, until and unless I don't want to show ads created for Chicago to show in California and vice-versa. Otherwise, go for 2 separate campaigns.

As your budget is low, use Keywords with Topic/Interest targeting (both together in same campaign) as it will limit your reach to more targeted audience.

Hope it makes sense.

Regards,
Ashish

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jack N
September 2015

Re: display campaign location targeting

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jack N,

I would prefer to use same campaign with 2 ad groups, until and unless I don't want to show ads created for Chicago to show in California and vice-versa. Otherwise, go for 2 separate campaigns.

As your budget is low, use Keywords with Topic/Interest targeting (both together in same campaign) as it will limit your reach to more targeted audience.

Hope it makes sense.

Regards,
Ashish