7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

disapproved review extension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've set up some review extensions for my account and noticed that some of them got disapproved. I have multiple quotes from the same article. Is that why it's disapproved? That you can only have one quote from each article?

3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: disapproved review extension

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Jennyfm,

Thank you for posting. One of the reasons why your review extensions may have been disapproved may be because your review does not focus on your business as a whole. If your review focuses on a specific product or service, this may cause the review extension to be dissaproved.

Can you post some of the review extensions that were dissaproved? Please also include the website for context. 

You can also find out more about review extensions on our Adwords Help section: Highlight third-party reviews in your ads.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Also, note that reviews by individuals are not accepted.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I found this useful:

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/3197294

In the prohibited list is: "Individual customer reviews and testimonials"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jennyfm,

I would suggest using reviews from trusted third party providers such as the ones listed here.

This takes out the guess work and you are assured that they originate from a trusted third party source.

Though, as mentioned here (under Add business reviews from reputable third-party sources),

"It’s your responsibility to make sure that you’re allowed to use a third-party review for your ads."

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Review extensions are pretty hard to have ! The key points for me is to make sure the review is about your company in general (and I do not understand why this is so crucial for Google, because Review extension will be more interesting if more product focus) and the review is recent (12 months max)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have a similar problem. The disapproval reasons are: Source and Accuracy. What does that mean? The source one I think is because it comes from a review portal. But I am not sure. And what the accuracy one mean, I do not know. Can someone explain please?

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question. 

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.