2.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

disadvantages starting a campaign whith little impressions

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

A friend of mine is interested in having a Adwords search campaign for her service. She has a very local positioned business and has a specific service, with targeting  maximum 10 km around the zipcode of her business.

I did keyword research and found that she only could get about 20 impressions per month within that targeted area.

When there would be a conversion, than most of the time it is very profitable. Clients mostly stay for years with her service.

Are there disadvantages with having a campaign in Adwords with as little as 20 impressions?

(besides the fact that probably the Adwords promotional coupon is useless)

** I´am learning Adwords and find it very interesting.
** Ik ben Adwords aan het leren en vind het erg boeiend.
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: disadvantages starting a campaign whith little impressions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Elja G

Let me ask first which tool did you use to get this impressions estimate?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi  MosheTLV,

I did use the Adwords keyword Tool.

I don't have another tool.

Edit >

And I used Google Trends

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;

OK;

That is what I was thinking - since the keyword tool gives you estimated searches. (This is different from impressions)

• Is that a niche service / product?
  • Are there any other relevant keywords suggested (or that you can think of) that can increase impressions / exposure?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

How must I see the relationship between estimated searches. and impressions?

Is it so that the impressions would become less, because maybe not every search an ad would be shown?

There are very little other keywords.We found one could fit.
And that other keyword does not have much searches either, maybe 20

(And there has been a lot of thinking about the possibilities for keywords)

And there are more, but they give zero or 1 estimated search

It is a niche market service

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

correct;

Not every search will necessarily result in impression of your ad;( budget ; ad-rank...)

I did some niche campaigns. I was always able - when brainstorming with the business owner - to find additional keywords that were  relevant to the business. You might also want to check keywords suggested by the keyword tool. (When typing in a keyword you get a list of suggested keywords based on users' queries)

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

MosheTLV, thank you for thinking about this with us.

We did came up with 35 keywords. most 2 have 2 words, and some 3.

But a lot of them give zero, 1, 2-5 impressions in the whole country (the Netherlands), And we are only interested in a radius about 10 km.

When I put the whole in the estimate traffic tool
Chose location the whole province, (is comparable with if you did radius targeting 35 km)
(I do not have the option to do radius targeting in the estimate traffic tool)
And no restriction on budged and CPC bid (very big amount)

Than calculated to month it gives some
335 impressions
11 clicks
per month

Chose location two important cities ,
(this approaches more the radius targeting we had in mind, but is al little narrower)
Than calculated to month it gives some
155 impressions
8 clicks
per month

The most we are interested in is :
Are there disadvantages with having a campaign in Adwords with as little as 330 impressions?
Because we never have done an Adwords campaign before, so we do not know.

Maybe we find some other keywords. But we think it will not change the amount of impressions and clicks so dramatically that it becomes very big.
And the question about disadvantage with having a campaign with little impressions will be maintained for us. We do not know.

We ourselves do not mind if there are not many clicks. Only if sometimes there is a conversion, a client that takes the service.

ps

(It is forbidden to promote the products related to the service on the internet, by the provider of the products. These are products of exceptional quality. The business only can promote the service, what is the core business service. The products only support the service. And can be bought elsewhere, but mostly worse quality. Clients stay with her for years, because of the quality of her service and products.)

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

If these figures are right it seems that targeting the two cities gives the best change to a good CTR

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hello again;

If it is a new campaign you need the raw data. The traffic estimator figures are estimates. Google does not report the margin of error and in a niche market, and this could be huge. So, use the keyword tool and set your location as"the Netherlands"

Furthermore; In the Netherlands you can only target by cities or provinces. I don't know how accurate is city targeting, but surely targeting regions, by radius, within the Netherlands is not accurate;

You can add the specific location /city name in the ad-text to let users know the exact geo location in which you provide the service.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you MosheTLV,

We will take your advice in account.