or i should target all countries in one camapign

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: different campaign for different countries

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Sachin,

Thanks for posting your question.

I would recommend you to create one campaign for all 10 countries. This will help you in easy management of campaign.

Also for this purpose the AdWords has location bid modifier so that you can bid differently for different locations.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Rahul

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
how can i use location bid modifier???

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Sachin,

The following link will explain you about location bid adjustment.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2732132?hl=en

Thanks,
Rahul

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Sachin,

To me, the answer depends on the goal of advertising and on the kinds of keywords you are targeting. As per the goal if you believe that targeting geographically rich keywords are going to be more beneficial, I would go with 10 different campaigns. 

If the keywords are highly competitive, it is wise to go with keywords that have geographic terms in them. It will give more targeted audience and at the same will keep the cost lower.

If I have different campaigns for different countries, they are going to give me more control in terms of bids, budgets, targeting etc. I would be able to use Broad Match Modifiers and proper negative keywords more efficiently. On contrary, if I go with just one campaign for all, i would have lesser control.

Still, if the aim of the campaign is more of branding, or if the keywords are going to be same across all countries, simply one campaign with location bid adjustment will do the work.

So, it's all about the aim and the control you need.

Hope it helps.

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+  

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
I agree with @Ratan J - where targeting multiple countries I would almost always set up individual account for each, unless, for example, you are looking at Australia & New Zealand, or maybe France & Belgium... the reasons include:

- I can set the languages - not always the same for all included countries
- I can set scheduling - not easy when looking at multiple time zones
- I can adjust bids easily between countries
- I can adjust budget share and spend more of my budget in those countries I choose

There are more reasons, but these are enough to convince me.

In terms of the extra work... well, you'd be doing most of that work in any case, but at ad group rather than campaign level.

And in terms of set up, use the copy past function either directly in the UI or in AdWords Editor to duplicate campaigns and then adjust the geo settings... it's quite quick and simple.

I can only see very short term advantages to setting up a single campaign.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Sachin,

In addition to informative replies above, I would like to that add that if it's only about targeting 10 countries, you might think of creating separate campaign per country. Additionally, it also depends upon how much are you spending monthly and what limit do you have in terms of expanding the budget.

In case you or your client is comfortable spending more and the product or service is worldwide, you can definitely think about creating different account for different countries. It will also depend upon many other factors which comes into picture, when we talk about International Advertising like landing page, language, common slangs or jargons of that country and how effective is your website for international customers etc...

If you have big plans to go international at a massive scale, I would certainly suggest you to read this old popular thread around International Advertising best practices: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/International-Advertising-Best-Prac...

You need to understand that the more detailed campaign or account you create per country, the more flexibility you are going to have in terms of different features AdWords gives.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
thanks guys for your valuable suggestions

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Oooops - Sorry - I said separate accounts - where I meant separate campaigns!

different campaign for different countries

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Currently I have the same ad copies for all the countries that I handle. Do you think it is better to have similar ad copies for each country considering that we are advertising for the same product and value proposition? Or is it better to have different ad copies for each countries for the same products? In my case I find the latter easier to manage and update since I handle seven Adwords accounts and all are in English.