Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

different ad groups for different cities

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Question to all,

I want to set up an adwords campaign for a local electrolysis business. The business only has one location and I am currently running ads targeted to a 20 mile radius around the business. 

Within this 20 mile radius there are several different cities. Currently I use keywords +electrolysis town1 and +electrolysis town2 etc., all under the same ad group.

The ads do OK, but I'm wondering if it would make more sense to set up different ad groups for each of these towns and then use specific ads and keywords for each town? 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daniel F
September 2015

Re: different ad groups for different cities

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good morning.

Setting up different Ad Groups for keywords associated with each town name could provide you with much improved CTR. I would say it's definitely worth testing, yes. 

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daniel F
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good morning.

Setting up different Ad Groups for keywords associated with each town name could provide you with much improved CTR. I would say it's definitely worth testing, yes. 

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I agree with Theresa. I am a great fan of localized ad-copies, and Geo tailored campaigns (up to different landing pages tailored to local cities/ regions)
You could try DKI for this.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How would you customize the location at the ad level? I too want to do the same thing... But only want to show the ad for "town 1" in town 1...