2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

default max CPC showing auto $0.01

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've set my campaigns to automatic bidding:  Focus on clicks, automatic bidding, no CPC bid limit. Enhanced CPC

Adwords has set my max CPC to $0.01

None of my ads are showing.

How do I get auto bidding to actually bid so my ads will show?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Louise J
September 2015

Re: default max CPC showing auto $0.01

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Louise,

The first thing that comes to mind is your daily budget. As automatic bidding sets your CPC level to get the most clicks out of your daily budget, I would suggest looking at what you set that too. If it is too low, then AdWords will not be able to set a higher CPC as it may fall outside of your daily budget.

Hope this helps

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
Hi Louise,
To add on to the great advice given by Clynton, I would suggest starting out with manual bidding at the beginning if you have a small daily budget to start off with. That way you can allocate a higher bid, with the trade-off that you might not get as many clicks. An alternative is to raise your daily budget, but use Ad Scheduling to only have your ad showing during key times of the day. That way you can save your budget for times that you think you might convert customers!

A slow and steady start is a good way to get going and learn the system!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Louise,
Please check if your ads have been approved, because if they haven't been approved they wont show.
If they have been approved, then follow the advice given by Clynton.
Hope this is useful

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks clynton - we are working on a small budget so I guess that's what the problem is.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
from the time i start my campaigns" HOW MANY DAYS WILL APPROVAL TAKE WITH NEW ACCOUNT??

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you