4.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

cpc vs cpm

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I am new to adwords.  I have been using CPC with a few very specific local keywords.  I have been getting about 80 impressions a day with 3 clicks.  I am paying about $1.30 per click.  Would it make more sense for me to do CPM?

I truly want clicks, but wonder if it would be cheaper considering my click rate.  Which I think I could make even higher with a different ad.  I have my ad written to lower clicks as to not spend to much.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: cpc vs cpm

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi;
CPM is more to get exposure; branding,
My understanding of your question, is that that your site is aimed more towards directing response, so I would keep with CPC.
Read more in this link:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2630842?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: cpc vs cpm

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Billy,

If you really want serious customers or conversions, then CPC is the best option. If you just wish to promote your business and increase its visibility, then you can go for CPM. However, with figures given above about clicks and impressions, I can say you are doing fair enough. If you really wish to reduce your spending and get more returns, then concentrate on improving your ad copy, keyword selection and landing page. A great combination of these three will deliver what you want. AdWords is about delivering relevant and precise experience to your visitors, and these three are key in doing so.

I hope this helps.
Kapil M