AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

cpa is best or not?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi

I started a campaign with CPC bidding and my goal is to get more conversions but i am getting max clicks and my budget was vanished finally got only 2 conversions. Can anyone please suggest me is there any benefit to change bidding from CPC to CPA? and how can i change one bidding to other?

Thanks&Regards,

Nandini

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Thotakura N
September 2015

Re: cpa is best or not?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Nandini,

With 2 conversions you cannot start with CPA Bidding. Its not a good strategy. For CPA to work - you need atleast 15 conversions in 30 days.

There has been a discussion on this topic - CPA

More About CPA From Adwords Help Center.

My suggestions to you - Dont start with CPA bidding even when you have 15 conversions. Let the campaigns gain some more conversions. Ideally speaking it can depend from case to case. But get about 3-4 times of the conversions on the account. Then look to start with CPA Bidding.

Remember CPA bidding works on your keyword conversion history. So if you less data for Adwords, then the CPA bidding tool can perform or cannot. But if you good history, the tool can use it to its advantage to perform well.

Let me know if you have need more help on this.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
k fine thankyou chetan. But with CPC bidding my budget was vanished and i am not getting any conversions. Is there any strategy to improve conversions? Please explain me how can i get more conversions within my budget

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

If you are not getting any conversions, then you need to find out these questions for us -

1. What kind of keywords are you using? If you are using one word or two word keywords - its useless to spend on them. They will as it is suck up your budget.

2. What match types are you using? If you have all broads with no negatives or only a few negatives, then your budget will be sucked up. To see what queries are showing your ads - Go To Keywords Tab> Details Tab>Under Search Terms>All. There you would get to know all your search queries. I would suggest you to go for phrase and +broads to get relevant traffic.

3. Do you have a landing page? Or are you directing users to a website? You need to have forms for capturing leads or conversions.

4. Why dont you also try adding call extensions, you might get calls instead of leads.

I am not sure what you are really selling on adwords. I have taken it in terms of a lead generation business.

Hope this helps!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I am using keywords with 3 to 4 words and most of keywords are in exact match and other in phrase match and by seeing search term report i also added negative keywords . I have a separate landing page and my conversion is to fill a form and i also added call extension in my ads but i am not getting any calls. my landing page is http://www.eccouncil.org/ethical-hacking-course-uk. I did all this still i am getting any conversions, can you please explain me what may be the reasons?
Thanks& Regards,
Nandini

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Nandini,

With 2 conversions you cannot start with CPA Bidding. Its not a good strategy. For CPA to work - you need atleast 15 conversions in 30 days.

There has been a discussion on this topic - CPA

More About CPA From Adwords Help Center.

My suggestions to you - Dont start with CPA bidding even when you have 15 conversions. Let the campaigns gain some more conversions. Ideally speaking it can depend from case to case. But get about 3-4 times of the conversions on the account. Then look to start with CPA Bidding.

Remember CPA bidding works on your keyword conversion history. So if you less data for Adwords, then the CPA bidding tool can perform or cannot. But if you good history, the tool can use it to its advantage to perform well.

Let me know if you have need more help on this.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
k fine thankyou chetan. But with CPC bidding my budget was vanished and i am not getting any conversions. Is there any strategy to improve conversions? Please explain me how can i get more conversions within my budget
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

If you are not getting any conversions, then you need to find out these questions for us -

1. What kind of keywords are you using? If you are using one word or two word keywords - its useless to spend on them. They will as it is suck up your budget.

2. What match types are you using? If you have all broads with no negatives or only a few negatives, then your budget will be sucked up. To see what queries are showing your ads - Go To Keywords Tab> Details Tab>Under Search Terms>All. There you would get to know all your search queries. I would suggest you to go for phrase and +broads to get relevant traffic.

3. Do you have a landing page? Or are you directing users to a website? You need to have forms for capturing leads or conversions.

4. Why dont you also try adding call extensions, you might get calls instead of leads.

I am not sure what you are really selling on adwords. I have taken it in terms of a lead generation business.

Hope this helps!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I am using keywords with 3 to 4 words and most of keywords are in exact match and other in phrase match and by seeing search term report i also added negative keywords . I have a separate landing page and my conversion is to fill a form and i also added call extension in my ads but i am not getting any calls. my landing page is http://www.eccouncil.org/ethical-hacking-course-uk. I did all this still i am getting any conversions, can you please explain me what may be the reasons?
Thanks& Regards,
Nandini