AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

conversion tracking codes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I added a Conversion Tracking code to my web site. I am tracking completed transactions. I see some conversions showing up on my Adwords results page. But when I go to Analytics I cannot see a URL for the tracking. I had a Google Analytics tracking code previously on my site and the analytics page is publishing some results for reports. But it is not showing completed goals for the conversion tracking goals. Even the reporting is not accurate. Should I remove the orginal Google Analytic Code?

thank You

notlim33

Re: conversion tracking codes

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi notlim33,

The AdWords conversion tracking and analytics goals are separate. Did you create any goals using the same page that you added your conversion tracking to?

You also need to make sure you have linked up the adwords and analytics accounts correctly. Follow this link to read how to do it. http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1704341 

Re: conversion tracking codes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Purefuzz, Re: Conversion Tracking Codes, The goal I set up is for the same page as the Tracking code. There is also an Analytics code on the same page although one is in the middle of the page and the other is at the end of the page. The goal name is "Confirmed Purchase" and the Goal type Is URL Destination. (there was some suggestion whether I should change the goal type to "Page/Visit"? The goal url is /index.php?dispatch=checkout.complete&order id=2011 Match Type= Head Match Goal Value= 0 Thank you Notlim33