1.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

conversion tracking 1-per-click and many-per-click

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

I´am reading about setting up conversion tracking. 

I have a question about it.

It looks like the settings for conversion bid metric is for the whole Account.

Is this true?

Is it possible to have a different conversion bid metric per campaign?

What can you do if you have both?  If you have Conversions (1-per-click)  and Conversions (many-per-click)
I see where I can chose for these settings.

But I do not understand how I can chose a different setting for this in different campaigns or adgroups. Do these exist?

Or, is it possible to set this, with making changes in the code on the tracking page of the website. With different kinds of conversion tracking on different thank-you pages?

Or do I have to use Google Analytics goals for this? And connect Google Analytics with Adwords.
In which statistic do you see the Google Analytics conversions in Adwords?

** I´am learning Adwords and find it very interesting.
** Ik ben Adwords aan het leren en vind het erg boeiend.

Re: conversion tracking 1-per-click and many-per-click

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

I´am thinking it through. It seems not logical to connect an conversion metric to different campaign, because an conversion can come from everywhere.

But it could be logical to have different tracking code with different thank-you-pages.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Elja, I had the same question.  I want to attach individual tracking codes to the different ad groups' thank you pages.  Is this what you did? Did it work?

RondaJ

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Ronda J,

I´m sorry, but I did nothing. This is because at the moment I´am only learning Adwords. But after reading a lot about this, all I can understand is that you have to chose one method in Adwords.  It defines it for the whole Adwords account.
I would like if an expert would react and explain if I understand this the right way.

I think if you want to reach your goals, maybe conversion tracking with Google Analytics is an option. You can link Google Analytics with Adwords.
In Google Analytics you can define goals, an track goals. And normally a conversion is tracked every time it happens in Analytics.
But I think it is better if somebody with experience with a Analytics-Adwords linked account would react on this.