4.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

conversion code problem: > changed to > I'm using WordPress

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've  pasted my conversion tracking code onto my page, and it's not working.  Following Google supports advice I debugged the code and found that it is changing a  <  into   &gt;  This only happens in one instance

Should be:

/* ]]> */

Instead it's changed to:

/* ]] &gt; */

I've disabled the visual editor, it all looks good on my edit page in WP, but when I check out my source code the change is still there.

I've restarted my computer, and I've started a new conversion tracking code.  The change happened in both codes.

What can I do now? 

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: conversion code problem: > changed to &gt; I'm using WordPress

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi
Can you paste the rendered code here?

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi JaeDees2010,

First, a disclaimer: I don't use WordPress and don't know much about it.

Ok, the way I have seen this described is there are 2 places where you can add this code to your page. There is the content itself. It sounds like that's where you are pasting the code.

As I understand it, there is a plugin for the AdWords code that won't translate the characters. I looked around on the WordPress site a little bit. There's quite a bit of discussion on inserting the code.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi JaeDees2010, this is just #238 on my list of reasons why I don't like WordPress Smiley Wink

The wp-admin backend does all manner of parsing on the pages/posts text entry and it's often hard to get code through there. It may not be much help, depending on your level of ability, but I always add conversion tracking code manually - directly into the files themselves, not through the wp-admin interface.

Are you using eCommerce?  Which package?  If it's WPEC I can tell you exactly where, and how, to insert your conversion code manually.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: conversion code problem: > changed to &gt; I'm using WordP

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How did you solve this problem? I have the same!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

i have solved this problem .

You need to follow this:

Edit your theme function.php and insert this code (in the example : sample page id is "1111111" and code will be added to that specific page only.:

/* code to add google conversion */

add_action('wp_footer', 'add_googleconversion',10);
function add_googleconversion() {
if (is_page('1111111')) { ?>

// remove this line and paste your conversion code from google

<?php }}

/* End of code to add google conversion */

Do let me know if you need any assistance.
Thanks

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
This 2012 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.