5.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

conversion action in new tab

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This may be a silly question. I am using a template that uses a popup to let the user know that the form message is sent, but I know that I need to add code to a thank you page in order to complete conversion action in order to track it.

My problem is I am able to make the site open a thank you page now, but in a new tab instead of the same tab. Here is my questions, does it matter if it is in a new tab? Also (and this is more important) I noticed firefox block the tab from opening the first time I did it, so will google still know even though the browser blocked the tab from opening the thank you page ?

this is the code I used to force opening the new page so I could track the conversion action

success: function() {
//clear all fields
$('#contactForm').trigger("reset");
window.open('http://www.yourwebsite.com');
},

I tried to get the page to open in the same tab , but nothing I tried worked. Thank for reading.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: conversion action in new tab

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Paul,

Same tab or a new tab doesn't make a difference, as the code would be fired in both cases. However, if thank you page is blocked by the browser, conversion tracking code wouldn't fire, and hence conversion wouldn't be tracked. Also from a user POV, I'd suggest having the thank you page to open in the same tab.

Good luck,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Re: conversion action in new tab

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply, I thought as much, hopefully I will be able to figure out how to force my site to do that.