AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

3.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

close account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I would like to close this account as the business has ceased trading however, I am looking to start a new venture so may need to use my email address for this new venture therefore would like to close this account so that my email is not on the database.

Many thanks

Jo

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: close account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Technically, the account is not closed, should you wish to reactivate in the future;

If you can use the same account for the new business - the best!

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: close account

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Jo P,

Your email address will remain associated with the closed account. You can add another email address to the account, then delete your current email address from the account. It's not the simplest thing to do.

I would agree with Moshe on this. Just reactive that account, update the payment information, if necessary, and you are good to go.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords