Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

clicks on removed keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

i have notice that i am getting clicks on keywords that have been removed and charged why is this happening and how do i stop it

Thanks Sam

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: clicks on removed keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Sam. Where are you seeing clicks associated to removed keywords? If it's in Google Analytics, it's most likely you're seeing direct visits attributed to Google AdWords, because the Google Analytics campaign cookie is lasting for 6 months after the last click.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
no im seeing it on my adword at the bottom of the key word list, it says i have had 12 clicks on removed key words

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Ok, I understand. The interface is not real-time, so if you see 100 clicks now and pause a keyword, you should be aware of two facts:

a) The 100 clicks may well be more than 100 at the time you're seeing the report and the number may be refreshed in the future
b) The "remove" command takes a bit of time before it is registered in the system

So, for instance, I may have 105 clicks when I pause/remove a keyword, though I see 100 in the interface and between the moment I click the button and the moment the "order" is registered in the system I may get 7 more clicks, bringing the total up to 112.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

It all depends on the time frame of the report. If you are looking at the default time frame of "last 7 days" you are seeing clicks which could have occured 6 days ago. Try looking only at "today" data or use a custom date to look at each day.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Diamond,

There are 2 things:

- When did u pause the keyword and the date range on which you are seeing the clicks

2 examples:

Keywords were paused yesterday and you are trying to view statistics for the last 7 days - You will see clicks on those keywords as you are seeing total of last 7 days(including the days when your keywords were running)

If it was paused today and you check stats today itself, the keyword might seem removed, but there might be a lag in the data (Late clicks) that's displaying in the interface. So as @AdWiser explained, you could see a hike in the clicks the next day.

I would recommend waiting for a day or two and see if you still getting clicks

Regards
Rohit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to see which removed keyword was clicked? Perhaps I shouldn't remove it after all Smiley Very Happy 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm sorry. I figured it out. First dropdown on keywords tab enables view of removed, and others.