AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

1.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

click fraud

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, this week I had major issue with fraud clicks from different IP addresses. The usual amount I spend for a day it's been spent for about 2 hours CTR has gone crazy about 17% - 20% and there was no profit from those clicks at all. However I reported the issue to Google and they started to work on this case but my whole week is ruined. Anyway I know they will refund me but the problem is that I am loosing money from not advertising. 

I did some research and I found companies that claim they could prevent this issue.

So my question is. Is it worth it to try a company like those and are they safe? Because I am not very comfortable with giving access to my adwords account.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: click fraud

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello;
What techniques are those companies using? Why do they need and access to the account?
The best would be to file a complaint with Google and ask Google to investigate.
Read more:
http://www.google.com/intl/en_ALL/ads/adtrafficquality/advertisers/click-investigation-request.html
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: click fraud

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
I had thought Google Adwords filter out suspicious clicks. Until you hear back, check the CTR of your keywords and see if there are 'stand outs' that you can put in the negative keywords list, that are detrimental to your advertising.