AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

changed my website on my account it still diverts to my old website ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: changed my website on my account it still diverts to my old websit

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Barry T,

I'm not sure what you mean by that. An account does not belong to a web site. You can advertise multiple websites with a single account.

If you want clicks to go to your new website, you'll need to edit your destination URL's and your Display URL.

Ok, you don't need to edit the destinations if you can redirect from your old website to your new site. Don't forget to check your keyword level destinations, also.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Barry T,

I'm not sure what you mean by that. An account does not belong to a web site. You can advertise multiple websites with a single account.

If you want clicks to go to your new website, you'll need to edit your destination URL's and your Display URL.

Ok, you don't need to edit the destinations if you can redirect from your old website to your new site. Don't forget to check your keyword level destinations, also.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi thanks for the email , I have changed all destination/keyword and display URL to my new website , but when I put into the search engine and click on my ad it diverts to my old website , I hope that makes sense
regards Barry