4.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

change initial adwords email

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was helping a friend by setting up her google adword account (used my gmail ID - since I knew there would be emails sent for acceptance etc).  Now that it is up and running - I need to make HER gmail address the primary and REMOVE mine.  I checked online info - add her email (did that) but when I goto remove MY email - the 'warning' says that it will delete all account information (which IS all the campaign info I set up already - Right?)

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: change initial adwords email

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi jinga,

That was nice of you to help, but probably a mistake to create the account under your email address. As I understand things, the account creator has certain rights other admin don't get. I'm not real certain of that, but that's what I have read.

Anyway, when you log into the AdWords account and look at users, is she listed as admin? There must be at least one admin in every AdWords account. If she is listed but not admin, promote her to admin then have her log in and remove or demote you.

If she's not listed as a user? Did she accidentally create a new account? That's easy to do as the process is a bit non-intuitive. After clicking on the link in the email, she needs to select "I already have an account", not the more intuitive "I do not have an account". The latter creates a new account rather than adding her to the existing account. This is a little more difficult to recover from. It involves adding a new user to the account, promote to admin, then delete the email address she wants to use for the already created account.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords