AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

catch all keywords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to bid for placing your ads for all queries (not depending on the user search query?)

There are two use cases

* targeting people in very narrow specific regions

* targeting people "right now" to tell them 'There is an event' 

Is there a way to do this so that they see "important event at on .." even if they run a query for "banana"?

Marc Weber

1 Expert replyverified_user

catch all keywords?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Marc W,

Google AdWords is a advertising platform that requires targeting to be effective both for the advertisers and the users. If advertisers could blanket the SERPs (search engine results pages), it would bankrupt the advertiser, confuse the searchers, and make the whole system ineffective for use. There are far too many searches made for your idea to work.

With that said, with some serious work, research, refinement, and a bit of experimenting... you could certainly connect with a lot of people (that would want information on a event or bananas).

Do you have a AdWords account with campaigns running now? I ask as to gauge the level of help you would need to do something like this. You would save a whole lot of money and aggravation by hiring a skilled AdWords professional, such a badged Google Partner. 

You could read this info on targeting and see what questions you have from there. 

Kind Regards,

James