Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

cancelling an account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I need to cancel an account and see this instruction.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=162388

But I don't see Account Cancellation section on the Preferences.

There is Time zone, Tracking, then Rules and Terms, and that's it.

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author yumiko7
September 2015

Re: cancelling an account

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi,

Are you the administrator of the account of do you have a different access level?

Have a look under my account > account access and let us know what you see in there. Is it just you or is there others listed?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author yumiko7
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi,

Are you the administrator of the account of do you have a different access level?

Have a look under my account > account access and let us know what you see in there. Is it just you or is there others listed?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I am experiencing the same problem.  I have an invitation to access account A but I cannot accept the invitation because the email address I need to access account A is associated with account B.  So I have tried to cancel account B and thought I had done so successfully as I followed the steps I found on this forum and received an email saying it had been cancelled.

However when I now try to accept the invitation to account A I still get the message that I can't because my email address is associated with another account.  When I log back into account B I do not seem to get a message saying the account is cancelled and when I try to recancel it via my account>preferences I do not see the option to cancel the account anymore.

I am the only person listed on account B with administrator access.

Any help would be greatfully received.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am currently having the exact same problem as you.  How did you fix it?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes I have had this trouble many times - it is so painfull - you think in this day and age Google would allow you to access multiple adwords accounts from one email account - I have 8 or 9 email accounts now setup to handle the customer invites etc - it is so frustrating - especially when you forget a password on the email accounts (that you didnt even want to setup in the first place) I know so many google adwords pro's that are complaining of this for themselves and their clients - Please Google, fix this problem.